Strangest thing I've ever seen.

This is a very interesting thread. I shall have to look at the video's tonight as I don't have access to them from work. I'm intrigued though.

Sound asleep this morning and was woken by a car alarm going off at 4-35, my wife looked out of the window and it was the alarm of a neighbours car but no one was around so left it at that.

This afternoon she mentioned it and I decided to have a look on my cameras to see if I could see what had caused it, well my camera looks down on my wifes car and 3 of the neighbours cars and at 4-35am two of the cars jumped foreward about 4-6 inches setting the alarm off on one of them, there was not a trace of wind as the bushes did not move and I have absolutely no idea why this should happen.

The only trace of a theory that I have is a slight earth tremor.

Any suggestions?????

http://go.sheffieldforum.co.uk/?id=203X323&url=http%3A%2F%2Fs227.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fdd118%2Fpaulhawley%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3D01_Capture.flv

A cat. Cats set them off all the time.

So where is the cat on the clip?
Maybe your DVR is slow to record from time of movement detection to time of actual data capture and the cat simply moves out of shot before recording.

;5773573']Maybe your DVR is slow to record from time of movement detection to time of actual data capture and the cat simply moves out of shot before recording.

The DVR will pick up a bird flying past and record it, I doubt if any cat can move faster than that, also no cat was picked up by either of the other cameras.

If as someone said it had been somone mssing about and the camera was movement activated then wouldnt they be captured too? freeky

I'v just watched the footage and yeah, its realy strange that!!