Are the roads in Crookes gritted and clear? - 20/12/09

Cool, I thought the snow plough ones were only used on the snake pass, woodhead. could do with it in Crookes today.

Streetforce bought some new gritting lorrys with snow ploughs in the last year , they will be out tonight and the main roads should be better in the morning if it does not snow again .

Hi HP

Which bit of Lydgate was it? (Sorry to be pedantic but the thought of lugging my cases down to the Grindstone doesn't appeal much!). I guess if we make it down to Broomhill, everything will be ok...

Ashanta

pretty much all of it, it got really bad just past the grindstone. There is just loads of snow on the road, watched one car try to get up and just slide back down again. After the second junction up from the grindstone there were no tyre marks at all suggesting no car had made it over in either direction

We have just been out for a walk round, looks like most traffic is getting up and down the main road, the side roads are pretty impassable tho' No buses, so if the gritters get round tonight it may be okay in the morning. (I hope!!)

The worst thing is that the Sheffield jamcams are jammed! SY Travel's website has not been updated for 2 hours - at least if the buses came back on they would keep things moving. I think we'll have to sledge down Lydgate on our suitcases...

Oh happy holidays .... Ashanta