Are the roads in Crookes gritted and clear? - 20/12/09

Hi

Have to go out tonight and just wondered if anyone has been on Lydgate Lane/Crookes. Is it clear/gritted?

Cheers

All First buses in Sheffield have been taken off the roads so that will give you a hint , Route 52 to Crookes & Route 51 to Lodge Moor were going as far as Brook Hill until they were taken off :D

Do you have to travel tonight btw ?

Hi

Have to go out tonight and just wondered if anyone has been on Lydgate Lane/Crookes. Is it clear/gritted?

Cheers

Good luck. I had to abandon the car in Crookes earlier. Went out this morning to do the shopping in clear weather and came back during the heavy snow. I managed half way up Springvale rd and decided to park on a flatish side street. I've been out earliler and it looks like no car had made it up the rd in the last couple of hours. I'd guess lydgate lane would be similar.

Hi

Yep, unfortunately! We're hoping to get to E M airport for an early flight. Please, no more snow!!!

:o

know what you mean, I've got to get to manchester airport next week so my fingers are crossed for no more snow.

Just to be safe i've bought some autosocks for the car which are supposed to be really good in these snow conditions.