The 2009/10 Snow Megathread

Clik32

If we have all this grit then why does it say in todays paper that there isn't any and the country has only done 40% of the roads to try and save grit????

This weather is ridiculous i'm getting fed up now:mad:

Also on the news yesterday it was reported that "The BIG Freeze" was coming to an end and now they are reporting another 10 days of it when will they get it right????:confused:

Why would they be sitting around doing nothing? and as for getting up early:loopy: words fail me sorry :rolleyes:

Why would they be sitting around doing nothing? Don't know but they were. Getting up early? - my son gets up at 7.30 weekends and all but I'm just trying to say that it seems pointless. Why do people have to reply with roll eyes and sarcy comments etc? Can't you accept a difference of opinion? That's what a forum's for.

Well, I'm going out to play in the snow.

I've cancelled my plans for today, I thought I'd have to anyway, so it's no surprise. It's one of those days when you can't tell what the weather will end up doing, and the pavements still look deadly so it's not fair to take a tot about with me, even if it was by taxi!

Well after a trecherous drive and a dangerous encounter driving up Derbyshire Lane this morning, I stuck to the main routes, which I think is safer as you are less likely to slip. I drove down Ridgeway and Prince of Wales, which are both very slippy! Keeping in 2nd gear and not exceeding 30mph on any roads seems to infuriate drivers who wish to be foolish and drive at over 40mph!

I had a close encounter with a truck last week when i skidded on PofW road so I refuse to drive any faster.

People need to slow down!!

It's quite wet snow today, rainy almost, however I have a funny feeling it is going to snow like this well into Feb! I just hope the Council have stocked up on grit otherwise there will be lots of crashes and bangs out on the road.

Good to see men clearing and gritting the pavements up on Derbyshire Lane! :)Well done to you courteous and helpful guys!! Nevermind all this H&S crap!