New management at the royal standard student bar

Big Sam 90

I've only been here for 2 days now but the offers they put we put on for Sheffield Hallam students are fantastic. We offer an RS card for a £1 which gives students great discounts on food on drink. For example students can have a big meal for only £2, last night we had drinks for just £1.00 and we have offers on everyday

Have you thought of just lowering your prices so everybody benefits rather than a group of people who are only here for six months of the year

I do apologise if I upset or offended anyone. My comments were lighthearted and meant as a joke. Again I apologise if I upset anyone

Don't apologise Big Sam, you wouldn't want some of these Forum Muppets in your pub anyway. Good luck mate!

Many places offer the same things at different prices. It's good business practice if you can get away with it. I bet if you asked a carriage full of people on a train how much they had paid for their seat, you'd get dozens of answers, for example.

Next time you are in a supermarket, look at the bottom of the shelves. That there is the same product as you have just picked up from a higher shelf, but at a lower price. Supermarkets know most people are too busy to look around for things and just get the item that is at eye level - but they also know that some people are more price sensitive and will look more, so the cheaper things are there for them too.

Look at it this way - the students buying the cheap beer means they get to use full barrels without wasting much - and if the barrels weren't being emptied, you'd end up paying for the wasted part, or the pub would lose money.

That said, if you're describing the scheme as a loyalty scheme it ought really to apply to all your loyal customers.