Relatives in Oz?

I just wondered whether anyone has close relatives living out in Oz and what do you do at times like christmas for prezzies n things?

Posting stuff is so expensive and I wondered if anyone had any bright ideas on how to buy online or........?????

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

My brother lives in Oz and he's lucky if he gets a Christmas card!!

We decided against the whole sending each other pressies years ago, the postage is so expensive and it's difficult to find anything small and appropriate!!

The only problem I could see with buying online is you'd probably need to use an Australian site to get cheaper postage, which means paying in dollars, and there'd be a cost for using a difference currency.

My uncle and aunt are in Perth, WA, and usually sent flowers as gifts for my gran, (and my gran vice versa) through Teleflorist/ Interflora.

Thanks for that Plain Talker, that will come in handy at some point.

Like Dozy, my sis has suggested not buying. Feel a bit bad to but hey, she suggested it ;)

I know its not Austalia, but I have family in the States and send things from Amazon.com (is there an amazon.au??) They do gift wrapping and everything.

Yes my brother and his family live in Perth. It's tricky. Amazon would be ideal but they don't do Australia.

Kids have a UK bank account so we can put money in it so they have money to spend when they come over to visit.

I usually buy sweets that they can't buy there, the traditional ones like midget gems, it's not much but it makes them happy!

I have a sister in NZ. I've given up posting stuff as it generally arrives there opened and missing parts! I just send a card and cheque.

If they have kids, then certainly the Early Learning Centre has an Australian operation that you can order things from.

I've got distant relatives over in Oz. I send messages email to them at crimbo. That suits us all.

Sister in law and family in Canberra, Amazon all the way!!

The Star used to do an advert 'presents for Oz' they had a bochure and you could choose from it the food, wine etc you wanted to send and the gift was then sent from Oz to Oz. You paid the Star.

hazel