What motivated this judge to give a child rapist a non custodial sentence?

I cannot believe this guy got a community order for raping a seven year old. The judge in the original case should be struck off. What kind of person would not view this as a most serious offence? :suspect:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/8354316.stm

Its easy to work out why the original judge didnt send him to prison.

Lets just hope hes dumb enough to take his computer to pc world if it breaks.

its not a surprise considering soft sentences that are constantly handed out to criminals .

If ever there was a reason to bring back hanging this is it . The fitting punishment for this animal is to swing

It probably happened because the judge was a leftie. A PC do-gooder, lentil-eating, garlic-knitting, yoghurt-hugger.

Did I get them all BENN? :)

It probably happened because the judge was a leftie. A PC do-gooder, lentil-eating, garlic-knitting, yoghurt-hugger.

You forgot "liberal" - tsk, tsk, you need to concentrate harder when you're debating with someone as clever and knowledgeable as Mr Benn. :hihi:

Well, this is the 21st century, so some enlightened forumers are keen to point out, and paedophilia is the next great social taboo, after homosexuality, for the liberals to break down.

Once they stop pushing back the boundaries of what is acceptable they become conservative and they wouldn't like that would they? :roll:

My bold.

Can I just compliment you on the Judy Garland quote in your signature? :huh:

After your embarrassing atempt to defend the pondlife who stole the poppy tin , are you going to make yourself look even more silly by defending this sentence ?

Not quite, hes probably a recently converted to Islam and has a mother whos great great great great grandmother was persian, so thus is not a indigenous citizen as recommended by the BNP

its not a surprise considering soft sentences that are constantly handed out to criminals .

If ever there was a reason to bring back hanging this is it . The fitting punishment for this animal is to swing

So you may agree with the punishment given here in Saudi Arabia- after all, its what many people may think is deserving when acts like this are done.

RIYADH (Reuters) - A Saudi court of cassation upheld a ruling to behead and crucify a 22-year-old man convicted of raping five children and leaving one of them to die in the desert, newspapers reported on Tuesday.

The convict was arrested earlier this year after a seven-year old boy helped police in their investigation. The child left in the desert after the rape was three years old, Okaz newspaper said.

http://in.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idINIndia-43639120091103

.....may be this part of the Saudi law system would suit your school of thought.