Remember Birley School?

Hi,

Did you live on Brackenfield Grove? If so yes. I lived at number 16 where mum still lives.

When did you live opposite them? I moved to Frecheville in 1956 and left for good in 1981 when i moved to Wigan. Have lived in the |North East for about 23 years now first in Prudhoe then about 3 years ago moved to Holywell nr Whitley Bay. Will be away from PC till Monday as working out of office. Hope to hear from you.

N.E. Gazza

hi ill bet i know you too!!!

I went to Birley 96-01

Mrs Sapsford was my form tutor!

I liked Mr Day the DT teacher he was cool!!!

And Mrs everly the Biology teacher was cool!

I dint like Mr Tildesy the history teacher he would always look at the corners of the room!!

I liked Mrs Machin An Mrs Barton Jones too!!

I know its says Ex-Birley but i will be an ex birley student soon so updates on the teachers.

I'm leaving this year and most of the teachers mention on here have left whilst i've been there. Mr Green left about 4 years ago to the relief of many students.

A lot of teachers left last year including Mr Harding.

Mrs Barton Jones left a couple of years ago and Mrs Machin left just before christmas.

Mr Vickers is leaving this year also.

Mr Walton is still there and is my PE teacher, he is now married. Mr Day is still teaching. Alot of new teachers have started and are really young. My sister started in September 08 and has most of the new teachers.

My Mum went to Thornbridge i think it was if anyone knows her it would be when she was Corker so if anyone recognizes the surname then you many know either my mum or my auntie.

I was a student at Birley from 95 to 2000. Was in Miss Routh's tutor group. Remember loads of the teachers from there. The affair with Mr Powers thing was between him and Mrs Westropp who was a science teacher. Mr Green has now been sacked. Good ol Mr Harding is still going strong. Anyone who was in same year group as me pls tell me ya names to see if i remember ne of u. Ta

I leave school in 3 weeks. The affair thing your all onabout with Mr Powers and Mrs Westropp is true i think. Well a couple of years ago she got married and is now called Mrs Powers and has a daughter (might not be his), she still teaches Biology, anyways this is all before my time.

I know its says Ex-Birley but i will be an ex birley student soon so updates on the teachers.

I'm leaving this year and most of the teachers mention on here have left whilst i've been there. Mr Green left about 4 years ago to the relief of many students.

A lot of teachers left last year including Mr Harding.

Mrs Barton Jones left a couple of years ago and Mrs Machin left just before christmas.

Mr Vickers is leaving this year also.

Mr Walton is still there and is my PE teacher, he is now married. Mr Day is still teaching. Alot of new teachers have started and are really young. My sister started in September 08 and has most of the new teachers.

My Mum went to Thornbridge i think it was if anyone knows her it would be when she was Corker so if anyone recognizes the surname then you many know either my mum or my auntie.

Hi my son leaves this year too, and my daughter goes up in September,

their Dad went to Thornbridge too I think :)

I was in Birley infants and middle, then went to Frecheville comp. Left 1985. Anyone from there?:loopy:

snap... I went to the first two and then Thornbridge and left in 1985, whats with the loopy?

put on in error :gag:

good to hear from someone who was there. I too left in 85. Remember any teachers from junior? I was in Mr Charlesworth's class

I was in Mr Charlesworths class too in the portacabin. Mr Hoy my 4th year teacher, do you remember him he has a facebook fanbase! I might add though that I didnt join as I couldnt stand the man.:hihi:

Mr Midgley was the music teacher and used to make us do sound exercises he always carried a shoulder bag, which gave us much amusement.

Apparantly Mr Mitchell the headteacher is still alive and well according to Mr Hoy's facebook page. There are some good pics on there if you wanted to look.

Miss Jenkinson played the piano in assembly. I always remember when John Lennon died we had a special assembly and had a minuites silence after singing beatles songs, she was a massive fan. Miss Jenkinson was in tears.

Mrs Hill was my teacher in the 3rd year. Miss Carnell, I heard that she had sadly passed away now. I can remember the extention which housed the "Theatre" not much of a theatre though just a few carpeted steps to sit on. The extention was burned down by arsonists, when I was at Thornbridge very sad.

Edited by Gemima

My god Gemima. I too was in Mr Hoy's fourth year class. Prior to that I was in Mr Midgeley's. I remember I liked both of them, and Mr Midgeley went off to Africa or something.

Did you go to the infants? I was in Miss Varah's class originally.

I'm now in Filey, mental health social worker

Yes I was in that class I bet we know each other I will PM you.

puddingburner,are you a relation to andrea by any chance???