Clamping now in force at Meadowhall

...stupid people getting a £95 lesson in life is all this is.

anyway... i now think i might invest in a few clamps and a van...the director of the clamping company has come in to the centre everyday this week...he drives a Lamborghini

The trouble is the majority of custom that Meadowhall enjoys comes from these "stupid people".

Let's not pretend that it is only those parked in disabled spaces without a badge that will be victims. Already, on the news we've seen that's not the case, and it's only early days.

The only reason I'm tempted to go to this hellish place is because the parking is free. I won't be coming again. The clamper can pay for his own Lamborghini.

Now that's Meadowhall Retail Park, Centertainment, Wickes AND Meadowhall off my places to visit, my bank manager is going to be sooooo happy.

"Mr O'Brien, who runs O'Brien's skip hire on nearby Blackburn Road, Blackburn, vowed he would never shop at Meadowhall again."

What would make me REALLY laugh is if he started to get fines on these dark evenings for leaving metal containers in the road without lighting, if he does as many skip operators seem to do

The only reason I'm tempted to go to this hellish place is because the parking is free. I won't be coming again.

Not a fan of Meadowhell either but the parking is free and opening hours are convenient.

Nothing's changed in that respect. Car parking is still free.

Oh, lets take the view that parking in the taxi rank is fine, or the loading bays. Lets burn off all the car parking markers and make the ground a free-for-all, park where the hell you like, and watch the ensuing chaos (That might be fun, as long as I go on my bike to watch :hihi:)

... people who park there car and take up 2 spaces should also spare a thought for other drivers instead of being selfish numptys.

nobody needs two parking spaces, if everyone goes about their every day life with just a little bit of consideration for others, then the world would be a much happier place to live.

Agreed. Which is why, on occasion, and if there's tons of other places for people to park, I'll park HALF a carspace away from the next car... if it has kid seats in the back!

I do so out of consideration for the person who'll need to get their car door wider than usual to strap their kid in the back seat, not because I can't park (coz I can :P )

I certainly don't park in that fashion when it's busy though

Meadowhell is best accessed by train over Christmas btw - and the trains which stop at Woodhouse go right through without having to change these days :D

mail online 29th october.

mr roger o brien 66, parked in the taxi bay at meadowhall "only for 10 minutes while ho nipped into M&S". only to return to his car to find it had been clamped.HA HA. £95 to release the clamp. cough up, HA HA.

While mister obrien was waiting for his son to bring the £95 to pay the clampers the clampers were putting another clamp on another car, this time parked in th collection bay, Another £95 release fee"HA HA". This time the woman "with a baby " had only nipped in to M&S for 5 minutes.

Who do these people think they are. so what if your 66 or have got a baby with you. There are 12,000 parking spaces at meadowhall and if you are too lazy or think your so special that you dont have to use one of these parking spaces, " Then it just serves you right" Its a shame the release fee isnt £500, to teach you a proper lesson.

HA HA HA HA HA,:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Actually, it's about time they tackled these people, along with those who get creative with parking on the yellow hatchings where pedestrians are supposed to be able to get through the barriers in the carparks

Able bodied people may be able to squeeze through, but if you're in a wheelchair or pushing a buggy, how the heck do you get past to get back to your car?!

Taken from the DESKTOP LAWYER

The Courts in England and Wales have accepted that it is lawful for a landowner to clamp any one who is parked on his land without his authority. However the landowner must have displayed a clear notice of the fact that cars parked without authorisation will be clamped and include information about the payment which must be made to have the vehicle released.

The courts consider that anyone who parks the car on private land in spite of having seen the notice has consented to their car being clamped. The owner of the vehicle is not allowed to cause criminal damage to the clamp by trying to remove it. The release fee must be reasonable, easily payable and result in prompt release"

My Bold

I don't see that £95 is in any way reasonable. I agree that there ought to be a deterrant to parking up badly, or inconsiderately, but £95 a pop is nothing but extortion by the clamping company. They are in it for the money, not to educate people in parking etiquette, so even minor indiscretions will result in a clamp.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Well done Meadowhall :thumbsup::thumbsup:

It's about time the numpties who think they are soooo special they can park in disabled places without a badge, and the ones that park in the collection points 'caus they can't be arsed to walk like the rest of us were sorted out.:hihi:

Well done Meadowhall

It's about time the numpties who think they are soooo special they can park in disabled places without a badge, and the ones that park in the collection points 'caus they can't be arsed to walk like the rest of us were sorted out

bang right. just what ive been saying all along...12000 free parking spaces and the numptys of this world still arnt happy... meadowhall clampers need to charge more , coz i would. when will people learn..

WOODENTOPS you know who you are..

All supermarket car parks should adopt this system and stop all the selfish idol people who are afraid to walk a few yards.

I see from todays papers that Meadowhall have now let a private company take over their car parks. They say you will be clamped for, not being between the lines, on yellow lines, taxi bays, drop off areas and illegal parking in disabled bays. Meadowhall say they are not involved financially. They did hundreds yesterday.

Good! It's about time people who can't park properly, learn their lesson!

They did hundreds yesterday.

If they did “hundreds” in one day :suspect:it just shows how many selfish inconsiderate drivers there are knocking about.