LEGO...memories and facts .....

Originally posted by nick2

Lego was great, it's still good now, but you don't get sets where you can make anything, you make a car (or whatever) and thats it, you used to get a little booklet with ideas in it.

This is my major gripe with Lego these days - it's degenerated into just a few moulded plastic bits you stick together, and then can't do much else with! (not exactly encouraging creativity) Not that I've really looked, but can you still buy the sets of extra blocks? - especially useful with the Technics sets I had as a nipper, when you needed extra gears etc! :) In fact, can you still use the big sets to build more than one toy?

Lego's the bomb, Although I stopped playing Lego regularly a while ago, everytime I go back to the parents' I can't resist :D :D

Here are three Lego boats I made earlier:

Legoboats.jpg

Left click will open image in new window

So that was back in April ...

5yes that is a stolen roll of 'Do Not Use' tape from Mc Donald's)

• 6 years later...

I'm 35 and a few months back I was looking on eBay for Lego Police and Fire Station sets, they were going for £60 and above though, and my Parents would shoot first and ask questions later if I spent that on Lego sets at my age.

Archived