Question for those opposed to Immigration- Why are you opposed to it?

It's just as bad as me saying Black Men only want to 'pimp'.

..and you may be right, if I'd been making a genaralisation about British people, but I wasn't, as well you know.

To be fair he did go out of his way to say 'British' and not 'Indigenous',

he did state that he wouldn't want to exclude 'idle' Blacks,Asians,Whites etc etc from criticism.

I think Linesman may believe it's not possible to be British and not white, so thought I was denouncing the idle members of the indigenous population, rather than the idle of all ethnic persuasions.

I think Linesman may believe it's not possible to be British and not white, so thought I was denouncing the idle members of the indigenous population, rather than the idle of all ethnic persuasions.
Then you should have "any British people who're too idle to work".

Then you should have "any British people who're too idle to work".

Please, spare me the lecture Linesman, your solution is over verbose, everybody else understood the meaning of my post in response to peak oil's.

Clearly the meaning wasn't that all the British are idle, since being British myself I wouldn't put myself in that category.

Please, spare me the lecture Linesman, your solution is over verbose, everybody else understood the meaning of my post in response to peak oil's.

Clearly the meaning wasn't that all the British are idle, since being British myself I wouldn't put myself in that category.

Ok I'll let you off this time if you promise to be good in future.:hihi:

There is an idle element in all races, the british are by no means an exclusion. some are proud that they do not work and are able to milk the system for all its worth. they see a new sprog as a pay rise. work immigrants are not the cause of our economic probelms, but they have not helped either. during the difficult times we are experiencing, the jobcentre should team up with agencies and get some of the idle gits into work, if they refuse then no benefits should be paid nor should wages. we must stop making it so easy.

For the time being there should be a short term ban on eu work migrants and assylum seekers until we have sorted out our economic issues, the points system will sort out worldwide immigrants that have transferable skills. that way the lazy chav element that is usually unskilled will have no option to do the jobs they believe to be below them, because if they dont, they have nothing no wage or benefits. it is far too easy for them.

immagration seems to be a non issue these days

:hihi: oh its an issue, believe me.

:hihi: oh its an issue, believe me.

would it be an issue if we had intergration rather tham multiculturalism?

or is it to many to fast?

immagration seems to be a non issue these days

..on fire tonight s.hawkins, you should change your name to Resurrection Hope.

would it be an issue if we had intergration rather tham multiculturalism?

or is it to many to fast?

If we had a small number of integrated immigrants, say 2 or 3% of the population, then there would be no issue at all.

The immigrants that were brought over in the forties and fifties to help get the country back on its feet should have then been sent home after about 5-10 years with most of the tax they payed whilst here as a thank you.

Edited by 1ofTheseDays

The immigrants that were brought over in the forties and fifties to help get the country back on its feet should have then been sent home after about 5-10 years with most of the tax they payed whilst here as a thank you.

..oh cheers mate, I'll be off then, it won't stop me posting here mind you :hihi:

Of course you're 'solution' is nonsense, the UK has never been in a position to match skills, so immigration is a necessary 'evil', besides which there are other benefits from a cultural/social perspective that are difficult to measure and shortcomings of course, but they're inherent in the indigenous population anyway.

The other problem with your idea is that people emigrate from the UK too, so if you place a time based restriction on immigrants coming here, it's likely our ex pats might face the same restrictions.