Question for those opposed to Immigration- Why are you opposed to it?

There are so many threads about the BNP and it’s Immigration policies but yet people seem to be arguing about numbers and what should be done.

I don’t however see any arguments that detail what that’s opposition to it is so I thought I’d start a thread to try and establish the main reasons for normally quite rational peoples concerns.

Are peoples concerns any of the following, and if not, what are they?

People shouldn’t be able to choose the country the live and work in irrespective of the country they currently live

People emigrating into this country are a drain on public services

People emigrating into this country cost us in Welfare

People emigrating into this country take all the jobs

People aren’t ready for diversity and different cultures

So over to those opposed to Immigration, what are the reasons for your opposition?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

we need to stop immagration now. regardless of colour creed whatever. this country is full and there are plenty of idle people to put to work here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

we need to stop immagration now. regardless of colour creed whatever. this country is full and there are plenty of idle people to put to work here.

..'idle people' dont have much to offer an employer or an organisation seeking skilled or professionally qualified people.

..'idle people' dont have much to offer an employer or an organisation seeking skilled or professionally qualified people.

then they will just have to motivate them

Who will have to motivate 'them'?

the employer

..I think they've got better things to do than motivate people who dont want to work-like running their business as profitably as possible.

..I think they've got better things to do than motivate people who dont want to work-like running their business as profitably as possible.

they can do that without immagration as there is plenty of labour here

they can do that without immagration as there is plenty of labour here

..perhaps that's why they rely on immigration, because they dont have to waste time and money motivating British people who dont want to work??

..perhaps that's why they rely on immigration, because they dont have to waste time and money motivating british people who dont want to work??

stop immagration then make the lazy work. Use the carrot and the stick. The carrot being a wage thats better than benefits. The stick being a time limit on benefits for a start. Stop immagration, its only making the situation worse.

stop immagration then make the lazy work. Use the carrot and the stick. The carrot being a wage thats better than benefits. The stick being a time limit on benefits for a start. Stop immagration, its only making the situation worse.

I'm not arguing about the merits or otherwise of immigration, I was addressing your point suggesting the idle British, could fill the labour gaps that are currently occupied by immigrants.

Edited by boyfriday

I doubt that's in the employers' best interests. Besides, if we're starting coming out of the recession, we need skilled workers to drive the economy, not lazy slobs.

I was addressing your point suggesting the idle British,
Actualy that is a completely racist remark; unless it is deleted you will have set a precedent for others to pass remarks about others nationalities and cultures.