Who are the most underrated bands of all time?

BasilRathbon

[quote

Anyway, underrated? Band? How about musician? One day, I'm sure, Lemmy will be credited with inventing a new style of bass playing. Maybe :)

Lemmy - I'm amazed he's still alive, considering his hardrock lifestyle of cigarettes, beer, whisky and wild wild women.....plus a whole load of other unmentionables :-)

Always thought Zak Wyldes - Black Label Society could have been much bigger than they were, got to say though, that one of my favourite local bands, I'm sure, are vastly underrated - Strongheart, one of the best drummers around in Bobby Arechiga

Band called The Eight Legs, you know that advert on TV,

where the lad is getting ready to go out, an he rips his clothes, goes to the fridge and pours curry on himself, rips his earring out and volleys his stereo.

It's the band who do the song on that ad.

Band called The Eight Legs, you know that advert on TV,

where the lad is getting ready to go out, an he rips his clothes, goes to the fridge and pours curry on himself, rips his earring out and volleys his stereo.

It's the band who do the song on that ad.

What was the advert for? It vaguely rings a bell - I'll check it out on youtube

Well the overrated bands thread has been running a while so perhaps now it's time to redress the balance and ask who are the most underrated bands of all time?

Which bands have spent years making wonderful music but have been infairly critically or commercially ignored while other less talented artists have hogged the limelight? Who's that cult favourite band that only you like, yet who deserves greater recognition?

Surely Basil, you're forgetting "NOEXCUSE", of recent fame in this area of SF?? Weren't they the "waviest" or sumfink?? :D:D:D

Orange. Or summat...

:hihi:

The Fall

"always different, always the same" to quote the late John Peel.

I only got into The Fall about 18 months ago, after years of dismisisng Mark E Smith as a barmpot, and have since spent countless hours tracking down everything i can by them.

A truly amazing band.

Reef - saw them 4 times, always cracking live, their first two albums are awesome and were about 10 years too early. If they'd got together only a couple of years ago then I reckon they would have had a much bigger following due to all the indie/rock artists that have brought the genre to the mainstream.

The Fall

"always different, always the same" to quote the late John Peel.

I only got into The Fall about 18 months ago, after years of dismisisng Mark E Smith as a barmpot, and have since spent countless hours tracking down everything i can by them.

A truly amazing band.

This Nations Saving Grace is a damn fine, if under rated album. MES *is* a barmpot, by the way :)