Charity Unleashed - Sheffield

They are fantastic! No catch and for charity!

It's not for charity.

They are choosing to give some of their profit to charity.

There's a big difference. Poppy sellers don't get paid to sell poppies, after costs all the money goes to charity.

I think it's a good thing they're doing they didnt have to give any money to charity people would buy them if they did or didnt so giving a percentage to charity is just an added bonus

I'm surprised so many people are complaining that the whole amount is not going to charity, instead of applauding that such a decent amount is. Nobody has to give to charity so what's the problem? Talk about cup being half empty.

Got mine - i think they are fantastic :-)

Now - to bungee jump or go bowling first?!?!

I would be happier if they stopped fudging and said how much was paid back to the partners and how much they were taking for themselves.

How much salary are you taking??

As only £15 is going to Weston Park, I may be tempted to give that directly.

Ha ha. Class comment! What is it that all you people don't get?? This company is donating a ***** load of money to charity, a fair amount back to the 'advertisers' who have put up the vouchers, and are obviously taking a wage for doing so! Who actually loses here??!! Ofcourse Charity Unleashed are making some money for themselves, it's the real fcuking world and fair play to 'em for thinkin up a business model where more than them benefit!

Yes you can give 15 quid to charity, good on ya, but at least by spending £50 on this book that you all love to criticise, you can give 15 quid to charity and then get your "money back" ten times over by doing things you'd normally spend your hard earned cash on!!

Stop being so fcuking judgemental and when you think of a better idea get in touch.

PS. In case you were wondering, yes I have bought a book. Used it. And it works. Jeez!

blueleopard - the voice of reason.

There is some sensible thinking people on here!

G.

blueleopard - the voice of reason.

There is some sensible thinking people on here!

G.

Balderdash.

Do you remember posting this?

.... but its charity based and all companies have given these off their own back!

It is not "charity based".

Nor do "all companies" give for nothing.

Well then you're not a charity are you? You're a business that makes a donation to charity, which is very different.

I think you should stop misleading the public and make it clear you aren't a charity.

No-one is being misled..everything is there in clear black and white and I don't get your beef?

A book has been produced, people buy it, some of the money goes to charity, the purchasers of the book get some very good deals. I myself have started using the free month gym membership and will be having a scuba diving lesson next weekend and to be honest I have given some money to charity when I might not have done through other channels.

Does it matter that the whole amount is not going to charity?...it never said it does. The result of this book is MORE money is being raised for charity than before the books were produced whilst providing access to events, restaurants and activities that people might not have considered before.

Some people just seem to want to moan for the sake of it without providing any sound basis for it.

How 1 month of off peak membership is worth £70 I have no idea. I think FU is £24 a month for peak and it too includes free powerplate at Hillsborough.

Still I might nab myself a booklet.

Off peak membership at the source is £25 per month and unlimited powerplate is £45 per month. 45+25=70.

They may be the prices at Hillsborough, but the booklet doesn't have a Hillsborough Free Gym membership for a month coupon.

Ha ha. Class comment! What is it that all you people don't get?? This company is donating a ***** load of money to charity, a fair amount back to the 'advertisers' who have put up the vouchers, and are obviously taking a wage for doing so! Who actually loses here??!! Ofcourse Charity Unleashed are making some money for themselves, it's the real fcuking world and fair play to 'em for thinkin up a business model where more than them benefit!

Yes you can give 15 quid to charity, good on ya, but at least by spending £50 on this book that you all love to criticise, you can give 15 quid to charity and then get your "money back" ten times over by doing things you'd normally spend your hard earned cash on!!

Stop being so fcuking judgemental and when you think of a better idea get in touch.

These guys did not fall out of bed and shout 'eureka, lets make some money for charity'.

They fell out of bed and said 'lets make some money for our business. How can we do that? Lets offer to give a percentage of profits to charity and rely on people's good nature'.

We still don't know who the guys are as they won't say?

The problem is the name. They already own a website called 'Sheffield Unleashed'. If the book was called 'Sheffield Unleashed' with a percentage going to Weston Park then that would be fine. The big problem is they have called it 'Charity Unleashed'. It implies that the whole project is for charity, the whole profit goes to charity, and that the businesses have donated in the name of charity (not wanting anything back in return).

These guys did not fall out of bed and shout 'eureka, lets make some money for charity'.

They fell out of bed and said 'lets make some money for our business. How can we do that? Lets offer to give a percentage of profits to charity and rely on people's good nature'.

We still don't know who the guys are as they won't say?

The problem is the name. They already own a website called 'Sheffield Unleashed'. If the book was called 'Sheffield Unleashed' with a percentage going to Weston Park then that would be fine. The big problem is they have called it 'Charity Unleashed'. It implies that the whole project is for charity, the whole profit goes to charity, and that the businesses have donated in the name of charity (not wanting anything back in return).

You would have to be a moron to think that. It's perfectly clear what the arrangement is and that it's a percentage of the revenue donated to charity.

Do you know the owners of many companies? I'm sure the owners of Charity Unleashed have nothing to hide just because you don't know who they are!! (They've been in the Star before now by the way so that's not too secretive!)

Sheffield Unleashed is a different business to Charity Unleashed so hence why it's called a different name.

The big problem is they have called it 'Charity Unleashed'. It implies that the whole project is for charity, the whole profit goes to charity, and that the businesses have donated in the name of charity (not wanting anything back in return).

It only implies this in your head. A lot of company names 'imply' something but it doesn't mean it has to be a literal explanation of what the company actually is. If you really believe this, given the website clearly states that not to be the case then I'm worried for you and can't help but feel you're whinging for the sake of it.

Carphone Warehouse don't sell carphones

Footlocker don't sell lockers for feet

Currys don't sell currys

Comet don't sell comets

Stupid examples I know, but your post warranted it.