Pet Friendly landlord required

I'm still looking for a pet friendly landlord. Anyone got any ideas?

I have a very, very well-behaved dog.

I got round this by offering to put down an extra £500 bond when I was renting. Most of them went for the idea, it's all about the money!! :rant:

I've found a 3 bedroom house in Crookes within my budget, but am a bit sceptical about it because I'll be the only one living in a 3 bedroom house! Going to view it today. Any suggestions?

Any pet friendly landlords in sheff?

Away with all this talk of no pets no pets:gag:

Sportman Lodge Moor is very dog friendly. With bowls outside with fresh water for the pouches, the staff serves a good pint and great food inside.

Judging by the amount of dogs that get dumped I'm going to say NO

I've had a terrible time over the last few months trying to find a landlord who'll let me keep my dog! Finally found a one now who'll let me keep her and I'm so relieved :0) most of the estate agents I rang just said no without even checking!

Thats it - the management agents want an easy life, but then I have come across 2 bad tenants who have been negligent to property they were renting - allowing cats and rabbits to stink the house out and one that allowed the dog to just run loose through the house and the garden. No wonder some of them are frightened and just do a set no.

Maybe write a letter saying you are prepared to pay a little bit more for the rent, or that you will pay a higher bond to ensure its kept clean.

My old landlord loved my dog, they did make me pay an extra £100 bond upon moving in, but were fine with her. But, after I left, and my ex kept the dog, he used to leave her in the kitchen a lot more often, while he went to work. She didn't like that at all, and soon had chewed her way through skirting boards and door frames, and even stud walling to try and escape. Can see why a lot of landlords are put off!

When I was house searching, I wrote to them saying that I would pay extra on the bond and also pay for/make good any damage that happened whilst I was there (pet related or not).

I believe they can also be insured for the damage to property (I think mine are actually) and so you could look into that.

Also, if it's furnished, you could offer to put their furniture into storage while you're there and furnish it with your own furniture and then replace with their furniture once you leave, so they can be sure no damage will be done to their furniture.

I can completely understand why landlords are put off having pets, but they allow children (well most do) - and I've seen worse damage caused by kids!

Sometimes you can get around them, others stick fast to the rules.

Good luck! We ended up renting off my mum so can't say how successful this was! I did get quite a few emails saying they'd consider the dogs but obviously we then didn't go for it. I'll be facing that nightmare again in the next couple of years though...

Sorry - everyone's said about dogs and you actually say pets - what sort of pets do you have?