Stray Cat - What to do now?

sheffield_uk

Cat is now in our conservatory! the weather has been so bad today we decided we couldn't leave him out any longer.

He now has a litter tray, food, water a cat bed and two sofas!!

He has been to the vets tonight - he is not microchipped and is a boy!

Booked in again on Monday for a check up - I've got to ring the RSPCA on sunday night for a number so that he can have his check up free and the RSPCA will pay for that - if he needs any further treatment I need to contact the RSPCA in Sheffield.

Will keep you posted

Cat is now in our conservatory! the weather has been so bad today we decided we couldn't leave him out any longer.

He now has a litter tray, food, water a cat bed and two sofas!!

He has been to the vets tonight - he is not microchipped and is a boy!

Booked in again on Monday for a check up - I've got to ring the RSPCA on sunday night for a number so that he can have his check up free and the RSPCA will pay for that - if he needs any further treatment I need to contact the RSPCA in Sheffield.

Will keep you posted

You're a star, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise xxx

Well, we've named him Eric... (don't ask).

He seems happy and settled in our conservatory. He's eating well and is loving the settee in there.

I've bought some Bob Martin Flea drops and granule wormer just to tide us over - unfortunately the Frontline is quite expensive and we are on a tight budget as there is only me working at the moment. I'm also bathing his eyes every day as one looks a little sore.

He's coughing and has started sneezing today so I'm hoping he's just caught a chill. The problem is it seems so cold in our conservatory! I've had the heating on (there is a radiator on there) to try and warm it up.

He's currently eating Whiskas although I'm trying to get him onto Proplan (which our cats eat) as it really bulked up one of my cats who was always thin. He's nibbling at it quite a bit so fingers crossed.

I'm itching to get to the vets on Monday to make sure he is okay, I can then get on with feeding him up and hopefully rehoming him.

If anyone out there is looking to take in a cat, please consider him - he is a lovely affectionate cat. I don't think he's young as his eyes have got that 'crackly' look (if you know what I mean)

Best place to buy frontline is the online shops usually - petmeds or hyperdrug are good.

We could get some over for you - I am supposed to be ordering some.

I would only use good quality wormers and flea treatment - I don't hold much faith out for the ones off the shelf and this boy seems as tho he may have wormers.

Would you ask the vets to check his teeth over? Often older cats have bad teeth, like we said before - if u need help with the vets bills - let me know and we will help.

Why not get a good picture and write up of him and send it to us at admin@rainrescue.co.uk and also to CATCHAT.ORG - and see if his proper home is waiting for him. Create a lovely story to go with it - it helps

good luck

Hi.

Can u put another picture of him up. www. tinypic. com is really easy and you dont have to register to upload. I tried your link but the picture is not there.

I deleted by accident! here are a few pics....

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee83/fookincats/DSC01793-2.jpg

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee83/fookincats/DSC01794.jpg

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee83/fookincats/DSC01796.jpg

Rain thanks very much for the offer of assistance it is really appreciated. To be honest I only went for the off the shelf stuff to tide me over until I get paid the week after next.

I've checked his teeth and from what I see they don't look too bad.... they do hang out of his mouth slightly (if you know what I mean), it looks like they also have a fine black line running down his incisors(?)

I will go on the CatChat site and have a look, I have been on there already to look for lost and found notices.

Ah he's lovely and deserves a good home. Two years ago a big black tom cat started coming in my garden. I put a note on his collar to see if he belonged to anyone and also took him to see if he was chipped,which he wasn't. As it got nearer to bonfire night I couldn't bear to leave him out as I didn't want him frightened or hurt. The RSPCA covered the vets bill for having his bad teeth removed and getting him vaccinated.He's a lovely cat, about 10 now, and my other cats have accepted him. Some have taken longer than others but they now all live happily together. I don't know why he came to me but I'm so glad he did.I called him Jasper and he soon got used to his name. Good luck with your little man and well done for helping him :)