Where In Sheffield Do You Live ?

that's parade.... of course

i live near the amazing crystal peaks, the best shopping centre ever!

I live in a little village out side retford, so im an expat, i miss sheffield, but not the hussle and bussle, and im proud to be called a Dee Dar as i still have my yorkshire twag,

Im getting very nostalgic at the minute, sat here with a glass of bells and a hamlet reading all the sheffield gossip, all the memorys are flooding back, old girlfriends, old mates, the pub crawls,spending the night in water lane D&D,or to drunk to get home so i'd spend the night under the poly in pond street, im going to be in tears in a minute, i'd better go to bed, no on second thoughts ill have another bells or two

I am from shiregreen the best things are

friendly neighbours

close to shops

good pubs

nice estates

the worst things are

the school kicking outat 3:15

the fact that people confuse lanetop and firthpark as part of shiregreen which then people assume everyone on shiregreen is a chav or scummy i have lived here all my life and stay here by choice we have just bought a new house 6 houses down from my parents i have never had any trouble at all and I cannot see myself moving as when checking other areas they all had something missing

I live at lodge moor, which is fab! :)

Best thing is the fact that its only 15 mins from the centre of town, yet it feels like you're in the middle of nowhere and the views are amazing!

The worst thing about it is that the house prices are mega expensive so I can only afford to rent here! :(

High Green is where i live. Cant really fault it lovely area it is:thumbsup:

Hillsboro at the minute

Best Thing - easy to get into town, meadowhall and north for work

Worst Thing - no decent boozers

When we moved to sheffield 8 years ago, we rented a house at the top of woodthorpe.

good things

Nice neighbours, everyting i needed in shops and the tram was great

Bad things

the bloke next door that used to come home ****** and sound like he was dying!

The police helicopter at 3 am , almost EVERY night.

Having our car nicked 4 days after moving in.

Then we bought a house in Totley

Good points

Again nice neighbours, schools, bus into town proximity to peak district.

Bad points

The attittude of some of the residents that they are better than everyone else because they live in S17

The assumption by many others that don't live in s17 that we all think like that.

The Hill(but I thnk thats sheffield all over)

I live over the border in Dronfield but 15 years ago when i was a wee nipper sheffield council tried to make us part of sheffield for tax purposes. They failed and now we have a terrible public transport problem and some cabbies wont even come this far after a night out.

We have a reputation for being a bit posh and stuck up but as long as you take your shoes off before you walk up my drive i wont get the gamekeeper to release the dogs.

I live in Worksop... nuff said really...... Old Granny perm town:P .

Its not bad for commuting into Sheffield really, but the trains can be really busy at the usual office hour times. Was thinking of moving to Sheffield, but i think im better off where i live now after reading some of the comments. I dont really wanna have to downsize.

Originally posted by geo666uk

I am from shiregreen the best things are

friendly neighbours

close to shops

good pubs

nice estates

the worst things are

the school kicking outat 3:15

the fact that people confuse lanetop and firthpark as part of shiregreen which then people assume everyone on shiregreen is a chav or scummy i have lived here all my life and stay here by choice we have just bought a new house 6 houses down from my parents i have never had any trouble at all and I cannot see myself moving as when checking other areas they all had something missing

i live in rotherham but i have delivered coop milk all round shiregreen firth park and paron cross i was a relieve

man started 1944 on and of till 1980

i was 14 when i started all women in them days

men was all in the forces all the best

lived at firth park till 1960 bye