Motorway Roundabouts.

Why is it people feel that it is acceptable to travel around motorway round abouts i.e. the one at the junction with the parkway and M1 in the outside lane when they are exiting right. This happened to me last night as i was int eh inside lane coming from the parkway to exit M1 South bound in the 2nd lane of the slip road and some moron who had just come off the m1 came right the way round in the left hand lane and cut me up and blew his horn at me. As if i was in the wrong.

People wouldnt do it ona normal roundabout so why do they think they can on the larger motorway intersection ones?

Any views?

If there is to lanes on there has to be two lanes off.Some people dont use common sense,And the markings are bad on that bit.

Happens all the time at the A1/M18 interchange, usually by people who think that getting two cars infront is more important than safety.

Is it coincidence that there are half a dozen bumps there on an average week?

Same with the Northbound M1 exit at Meadowhall...3 Lanes onto the roundabout, but you can pretty much bet that all those cars/vans in lane 3 are going to cut up the rest of the traffic to turn left for Meadowhall.

most motorists dont know how to drive round a roundabout, when approaching its left lane to turn left or go across or rh lane to go across or turn right and we have to filter lanes as we go round lol driving today requires a bit of agression sometimes even if its just to nudge out of a space, the problem arises because theres too many drivers that are not confidant in there driving ability so tend to try and hide away causing havoc, makes me laff these are the ones with really low insurance premiums, work that out

most motorists dont know how to drive round a roundabout, when approaching its left lane to turn left or go across or rh lane to go across or turn right and we have to filter lanes as we go round

Most motorway roundabouts don't conform to that rule, because there are more lanes involved, and often more exits than just left-right-ahead. Indeed, at the northbound exit to junction 36 of the M1, you need to be in the left-hand lane to turn right, if your destination is Birdwell.

yes but its all sign posted before you reach the roundabout, and the little chap who wants to drive at 25 with no confidence isnt going to go to the correct lane making the roundabout a nightmare for everyone else, make them take there tests again, obviously there not fit to be driving

Just drive round Sheffield, it’s a common problem. People using the outside lane to turn right without indicating what so ever, it’s just lazy driving. I like to get up the side of them and force them to take the road they should be on instead of the one they want to take. The look on their faces are classic, but it serves them right.

I get this every day , I was always taught when I learnt to drive that if your exit is before or on 12 o'clock (viewing the roundabout as the clock face) then you approach in the left hand lane, if it is at or after 12 o'clock you approach on the right

I get this every day , I was always taught when I learnt to drive that if your exit is before or on 12 o'clock (viewing the roundabout as the clock face) then you approach in the left hand lane, if it is at or after 12 o'clock you approach on the right

A simple rule of thumb that will get you in the right lane for the majority of situations. Just occasionally you have to be aware of signage/road markings that direct otherwise.

Try considering a roundabout as a length of one way road. You will find that it is perfectly legal to sit on the left side all the way around the roundabout if the marking permit - if people are cutting across the lane dividers to exit the onus is on them to be sure it's safe.

Try considering a roundabout as a length of one way road. You will find that it is perfectly legal to sit on the left side all the way around the roundabout if the marking permit - if people are cutting across the lane dividers to exit the onus is on them to be sure it's safe.

It's also perfectly legal to drive in the outside lane of a motorway when there is no other traffic, but it's still bad practice and violates the Highway Code instructions.