Starting at Sheffield Hallam uni in sept?

A few buses run right in front of Leadmill Point, but the main interchange is only like 2 mins away and buses go to all over the country from there!!

To live in Liberty Works this year has cost me a teeny fraction under £3000, and i only got £3070.43 from the LEA (I don't know how much difference the 43p made!!) PLUS had to pay my fees (£1100)

Nope the maths doesnt work out and I'm in a lot of debt because of it!! But I don't worry about it - there's plenty of jobs going and there will ALWAYS be someone in more debt than you ;) but seriously, you can get hardship loans from the uni if you're in serious trouble and I've found that the bank will do their best to help you out - they extended my overdraft for a month when I got into trouble at Christmas until I got my next loan through.

Just have fun :)

Thanks for the advice i really can't wait to get there even if i do get in stupid amounts of debt :help: oh well at least i'll be having a good time :hihi:

heya!

im starting at shu in september and im gonna be living at leadmill point too! does anyone know what its like or when we have to move in coz im feeling pretty clueless about it all!

Thanks!

Hi,

I am starting at Hallam in September doing Business Property Management. Might bump into each other!

Guy

Hi, im starting at Sheffield Hallam in September too studying Quantity Surveying. Most of my questions have been answered but I was just wondering if anyone knew the best clubs/ pubs for indie music??

Originally posted by starrr

does anyone know what its like or when we have to move in coz im feeling pretty clueless about it all!

Feeling clueless is the fun part! Everyone who you're going to meet in halls will be just as clueless as you so you wont be alone, and looking for the supermarket together is like a team building excercise!

Originally posted by jaybee

Hi, im starting at Sheffield Hallam in September too studying Quantity Surveying. Most of my questions have been answered but I was just wondering if anyone knew the best clubs/ pubs for indie music??

oooh i had some lectures in first year with the surveyors :D they were a joy :D

I like the leadmill, actually, I love the leadmill. It doesn't get better than mondays in the indie room in leadmill :D

isn't leadmill point opposite the leadmill club?

not been for years but used to go every other night:)

Takes me back to when I was starting at what was Sheffield Poly back then in September 1977 (oops, showing my age!) I remember the Leadmill - great discos on Sat nights. I lived in Ballard and Broomgrove Halls plus Norfolk Park Student Flats. I guess they're pretty ancient now... Good luck at Hallam Uni!

Hey Im also stayin at leadmill point in sept 05! :D Im movin in on 10th, is anybody else?!

To all those starting in September and feeling clueless - don't worry! We've all been there, and give it a few days and you start to figure things out, a few weeks and you wonder how you were ever so scared and clueless!

Give it a year and you don't wanna go back home. I love Sheffield so much I've been here all summer and I've properly moved out of home... think my parents are feeling it and wish me back (why on earth?!) but Sheffield's just so great :thumbsup: