Starting at Sheffield Hallam uni in sept?

I am starting at Sheffiel Hallam Uni in September. I have looked around the uni and city but where are the supermarkets and clubs?

Is the construction management degree any good?

Will you be in halls or have yo picked somewhere to live?

Try http://www.yell.com for the supermarkets :thumbsup:

Or if you have a postcode, http://www.upmysteet.co.uk will give you a wealth of info in your local area.

Sorry - can't fill you in on the clubs - I'm an ageing rocker :( (who should get out more)

hello!

i am also starting at Sheffield Hallam in september, what course will you be doing?

i know sheffield very well, what kind of things are you into? that'll help me to give you the best clubbing advice :)

xx

To Vampy

i will be studying a 4 year degree in construction management. what are you going to study? i am going into hall for year one where will you be staying?

i love all kinds of music mostly r and b and dance when clubin. i like up to date clubs just somthing funky with a good vibe and fit lads. pubs wise when out for a big night somewhere with good music and a busy atmosphere.

Hey you two, I'm a third year student @ SHU (on placement atm).

Can't say I'm impressed with yet more students getting conned into moving in halls ! there really is nothing better than a house !

Clubs in Sheffield are pretty famous and easy to find, supermarket too.

Perhaps if you told WHERE you're living we can actually tell what you need as Sheffield beeing so big there is plenty of choice.

Im in Leadmill point does anyone know the good clubs/bars round there

Originally posted by Captain_Scarlet

Hey you two, I'm a third year student @ SHU (on placement atm).

Can't say I'm impressed with yet more students getting conned into moving in halls ! there really is nothing better than a house !

Clubs in Sheffield are pretty famous and easy to find, supermarket too.

Perhaps if you told WHERE you're living we can actually tell what you need as Sheffield beeing so big there is plenty of choice.

i have to say i disagree CS. imo in your 1st year theres nothing better than halls. A house for your 2nd year yes, but not the 1st. Being in halls lets you meet a wider rnge of people, which is what you want for your 1st year. Then when you know everyone you need to know, a house for the 2nd year makes sense.

Or you could just do what I did and get your own house off the council. I love it, have got my own space, can have people round when i want, and can have no one round when i want, and its much cheaper, for such a larger space to myself.

Originally posted by spyro2000

i have to say i disagree CS. imo in your 1st year theres nothing better than halls. A house for your 2nd year yes, but not the 1st. Being in halls lets you meet a wider rnge of people, which is what you want for your 1st year. Then when you know everyone you need to know, a house for the 2nd year makes sense.

Definitely agree with this, get yourself into Uni halls of residence or the equivalent private sector halls.

I've just finished my first year (stayed in halls just around the corner from Leadmill Point).

As you might have guessed from the name, its just round the corner from the Leadmill but I don't think that'd really be your kinda club. Round the other corner (3 min walk) is GatecrasherOne - probably more your thing. In the way of pubs/bars West St and Division St are best (5 mins walk, 10 min crawl ;) ) There's a pub just across the road called the Royal Standars. They do quizzes and things, and do have some drinks offers, but its a pretty average pub really!

Hope that helps, PM me if you want to know more.

Great where are the nearest supermarkets/shops etc.??

Waitrose is the biggest supermarket close by but its expensive. There's a Sainsbury's Central up on the Moor (5/10 mins walk), and other things like Somerfield on the main shopping street. Other than that, there's also a 24hr Spar and a Jackson's 2 mins walk in either direction.

Will you be bringing a car to uni? If so, there's a 24hr Asda and a big Morrisons on the Parkway (5 min drive).

Roz

ps. I envy you living in Leadmill Point - they look really stunning from the outside!

i can't drive and even if i could i can't afford a car but suppose i could always get the bus or something. I can't wait to get to leadmill point its really nice but damn expensive just ove £3200 and i still don't know how much im getting off the LEA