Yobs killing ducks in Western Park

Please can people who know the small pond in Western park downhill from the bandstand keep vigilant for a group of young men/boys (late teens) who were throwing bricks, stones and whatever they could find including uprooting some plants and throwing them at the ducks. One duck was knocked unconscious and from hearing the boys speak they had killed at least 2 previously. They also were chasing the ducks around the pond for ages.

This was in broad daylight on Saturday 8th August on a nice afternoon. No-one said anything to them including myself, most people left the area. I think everyone is too scared these days. I phoned the police who turned up. However, because there was only me and 2 friends left, It looked obvious that we had called them, so we made a quick exit.

Please can people keep a look out and call the police if you see anyone hurting the ducks. I haven't been to that park for ages and it was very upsetting.

How horrid that people think its acceptable to do this!

How sad that people despite being that age are not grown up yet

what would you expect from the young uncivilized scum of today nothing surprise's me any more...........................................

what would you expect from the young uncivilized scum of today nothing surprise's me any more...........................................

This is appalling and saddening.

However so is this kind of sweeping generalisation....

Plan: loiter in scuba gear under the water and throw bricks back at yobs.

If plan fails, resort to throwing bigger bricks.

No respect what so ever, its actually quite disturbing. They are enjoying killing a living animal, probably turn out to be murderers or in jail by the time they are 18 anyway.

fookin pathetic

you should have started chucking bricks at them see how they like it

Is it illegal to kill a duck? I thought they were game.

You absolute numpty! :loopy:

Any one know how to make orange sauce?,i have a couple of ducks and..........................Oh,now were is my tin hat.