Facebook. Help needed.

Is there anyone who knows about Facebook?

About a week ago I clicked a link on my Facebook page to World of Difference UK 2009

Since then I have been bombarded with updates from this organisation almost by the hour. To make matters worse I am also receiving the comments for the other 180,000 subscribers and this has completely taken over my wall.

Has anyone got any idea how I can get rid of these nuisances?

Settings/Application Settings

Then remove that application. I think.....Or go into the group settings and modify them to your liking.

On your homepage hover your mouse over "settings" on the blue band towards the top right of your screen, then click "application settings" from the drop down menu that appears. Click "edit settings" and uncheck everything you can find relating to updates and contacting you. Hopefully that should sort it.

Unless its one of those groups where you've become a fan of something. If its one of those you can click on the group link, scroll down and on the left hand side there should be an option to remove yourself from "fan" status. This should stop all the junk messages, I've had to do that loads of times as those groups just seem to be a way for people to spam your account.

Go to their web page by clicking their name on your facebook account.. There is a link to become a fan or to stop being a fan.

Good luck. It worked for me. They are a bloody nuisance.

Go to their web page by clicking their name on your facebook account.. There is a link to become a fan or to stop being a fan.

Good luck. It worked for me. They are a bloody nuisance.

Thanks Mr Prune. I got a PM saying exactly the same. It worked a treat. I am back to reading my own crap without being swamped by theirs.:thumbsup:

Thank also to everyone else for your help. We got there in the end.

Make sure you report apps & pages which constantly spam you - they will be stopped.