Can any 16 year old get a JOB... Anywhere!?

Originally posted by Colonel

Some places like the hospital, and the radio stations, but i will get writing out to more people. Thanks.

So, is it better to write, phone or talk to them personally?

Thanks

Colonel

again I'd always say that you should go and call in at the store personally. I'd make yourself presentable and be very polite and friendly. Makes much more of an impression than writing.

Been there done that unfortunatley. However i may have just had some bad luck.

By the way thanks for the info on Somerfield and Subway. I would particularly like to work somewhere like that. Does anyone know of any jobs within the media such as the Showroom Cinema?

Get yourself a provisional license and go to Dominos Pizza or Pizza Hut.

You can ride their mopeds from 16 upwards and it's an easy job.

I did it when I was 16 and throughout my time at College to fund myself. It was 10 years ago, but the money wasn't bad for that age and buzzing around Sheffield delivering pizzas was easy work and certainly beat what a lot of my 16 year old mates ended up doing for less money.

It's certainly not a career move, but if you want some cash at 16 then this is a good job while you are doing what ever else in your life.

not that I know of. Have a look on their website under vacancies (http://www.showroom.org.uk) however I cannot get it to work. They will probably be looking for staff over summer as they employ mainly students but I'd be suprised if they take on 16 year olds.

UGC are always looking for staff though.

Often with jobs at places like video shops and cinemas you need to be 18. Because of the licencing laws.

I always used to work in pubs washing up, i know it sounds rubbish, but we had quite a lot of fun and the occasional free beer too. (always seemed such a massive perk when i was 16)

Wow cool! thanks guys and especially yours gpsy. What good ideas! If anyone else has any info for me or know of any job openings then please tell me!

Thanks for all your help!

Colonel :thumbsup:

Most places will ask for a CV, there are sites online where you can do them for free, alot of the places youv'e asked at may be wandering why you're available for work, when the GCSE's are taking place. if you apply in writing, always enclose a CV !!!!

Good luck!!!!!

Most of the shops in Meadowhall will take people on from 16, place where i used to work definately did as do a few others i know of! If you want to know place names then let me know!

In the case of most supermarkets, and places like Wilkinsons, it's better to actually go into the local store and ask for an application form. Just phoning will get you nowhere in my experience. Another way, is to draw up your CV and an application letter, and address the envelope to each store and hand-deliver if possible (saves on postage more than anything).

I agree with Anne - but make sure your spelling and grammar is okay, and when you hand the letter in, make sure it's to the manager. If somebody offers to forward it for you, politely say 'no thanks, I'll call in again later' - you don't know where they'll 'file' it otherwise ;)

PS - this is all best done stood up straight, looking neat and tidy (but don't over do it), and looking the person straight in the eye (with confidence) ;)

Originally posted by Colonel

I have tried supermarkets, Wilkinsons, and nearly everywhere big named. Does anybody in employment know if they have any spaces themselves for a weekend job/Partime job?

Thanks

Colonel:help:

You gotta ask McDees ;)