Ghosts, spirits. come on get a grip.

There's no such things as ghosts.

I've yet to see a single piece of evidence that's convincing.

I've spent the night in many a strange place, though not specifically looking for ghosts etc and i've never seen anything strange at all.

Places i've stayed -

Inside West kennet long barrow, a whole night, nothing.

Nine ladies stone circle Stanton moor, one of Europes biggest ancient burial sites, nothing.

Five wells chambered tomb, nothing.

Eyam moor, littered with burial cairns and stone circles, nothing.

My friends supposedly haunted house, nothing.

I could go on but i think you get the point.

I'm not meaning to cast doubt on the intelligence of the paranormal crew on here but why is there nothing in the way of evidence at all anywhere.

I'm off to Wiltshire again on friday for the week, during my stay i'll be spending the night hopefully alone again in the West Kennet long barrow and though this was the resting place for dozens of people i have no doubt i'll once again see nothing untoward.

I know this seems a wind up question but i genuinely don't mean it that way, do people who see ghosts etc only see them because they want to, because they are expecting to see something and the least little noise they can't explain therefore must be something "paranormal" ?

Forgive my blunt straight forward take on this subject, i just don't understand the "paranormal" crew though i'm by nature a very open minded person.

Edit: Please don't post second hand incidents as proof for me here, or "things" you've seen stories, i'm talking about hard evidence, i've watched al the youtube stuff already, i'd gladly go along to somewhere where i'd definitely see a ghost though.

Edited by megalithic

You're wasting your time. There IS no hard evidence - other than word of mouth and documented reports.

I lived in a house that had two Catholic exorcisms performed on it (no, really) and I still don't believe in anything other than the power of human mind.

You've used that one before, Mr B :P

But I wonder if it's not all just wrapped up in the same box as god and religions with people wanting to believe in something.

Maybe there is something out there, but it's so vague and has almost no bearing on our lives, does it really matter what it is?

Edit: Please don't post second hand incidents as proof for me here, or "things" you've seen stories, i'm talking about hard evidence, i've watched al the youtube stuff already, i'd gladly go along to somewhere where i'd definitely see a ghost though.

If there was hard and fast evidence, someone would have won the Randi million dollars:

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge.html

Check out the tests, some of them are hysterical...