Coal Aston/Dronfield boundary

Bit of a dispute going on here. I live in Coal Aston on Firthwood Rd. An aquantance of mine lives up Marsh Avenue in one of those new houses they built where they pulled down the old council houses. Now she says that that is Coal Aston and i say that that area is Dronfield.

Can any one tell me where Dronfield ends and Coal Aston starts. :help:

I'm on Barnard Avenue - definitely Coal Aston, and think you're good too. Marsh Lane - off Snape Hill Lane - not Coal Aston in my book. It started out as the old village up near the Daggers, but as far as I'm aware it includes all the higher area up here and has done since the estate was built.

If you want to be exact, you want to look at some maps.

NE Derbyshire Council, Coal Aston Ward

Old Church of England map, Coal Aston Parish (now in with Dronfield)

marsh lane off snape hill lane? do you mean marsh avenue? i lived i dronny for 20 years, border is on green lane, theres a sign there ( or used ot be) just before the cross daggers, and before the chequers. Marsh avenue is definetly Dronfield unless they've moved the boundary lines in the last 12 months.

A lot depends on if you want to sell a house, 'Coal Aston' sells better than 'Snapehill Dronfield'.

Thanks Muttley, I ment Marsh Avenue. Yeh I was born in Dronfield so am a true Dronfeldian and I'm 52 years old. I think that 'aquaintance' of mine is definately wrong.

Hi

We shall be moving on to Holmesdale shortly, and looking at the boundary maps it looks like our road is in the Coal Aston East ward, so are we for postal addressing, in Coal Aston ?

Coal Aston

Dronfield

S18

Edited by dazling

Hi, I live on Ferndale Rise which is obviously in Coal Aston, Marsh Avenue certainly isn't in Coal Aston - but you can tell your acquaintance 'nice try!' :hihi:

dazling - If you mean Holmesdale Road or Close then they are both in Coal Aston so that address would be correct.

I looked into the area borders a long while ago when we first moved there and can't remember exactly, but I believe Green Lane/Eckington Road are roughly the Western and Northern edges.

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though or if it's changed recently. :thumbsup:

Many Thanks Beanfeast, thought that was the case,

This is easy. Any postcard starting S18 3** is Coal Aston. 

Wrong forum to be a pedant as Dronfield is a town in Derbyshire and not actually anything to do with Sheffield. It never has been and hopefully never will be. Yes, we have an 'S' postcode, but so does Chesterfield, Hope Valley, Clay Cross, Worksop and many other places which aren't in Yorkshire too! Fact!

However, to clarify, the Coal Aston boundary starts at the top of Green Lane, and Holmley Lane, so anywhere on the Snape Hill estate is categorically in Dronfield, not Coal Aston.

Hope this helps