ATB Rider Training

• 1 year later...
Hi folks

Does anyone have any experience of this training school; good, bad or indifferent?

For those of you who don't know the company owner Nigel Bickerstaff is serving a prison sentence. He was sentenced 07/02/2012 at Sheffield court after pleading guilty to offences against a defenceless female (not my place to go into detail)

I will not support or recommend his company ATB Rider Training. Plenty more training schools in Sheffield that deserve our support. Any one who sticks up for him in my eyes is as bad as him. This information is 100% fact only. I would just like to set the story straight. http://incourts.co.uk/search.html Nigel Bickerstaff.

For those of you who don't know the company owner Nigel Bickerstaff is serving a prison sentence. He was sentenced 07/02/2012 at Sheffield court after pleading guilty to offences against a defenceless female (not my place to go into detail)

I will not support or recommend his company ATB Rider Training. Plenty more training schools in Sheffield that deserve our support. Any one who sticks up for him in my eyes is as bad as him. This information is 100% fact only. I would just like to set the story straight. http://incourts.co.uk/search.html Nigel Bickerstaff.

It doesnt say what his sentence was...

ATB very good bike school, my husband passed with them and i am now having lessons with them. they do free assessments to see how well you can ride, then go from there. every thing is supplied from bike to helmet. you do not pay any extra insurances like you do with bikesafe.

yes histy nigel is serving a prison sentence, he admitted the crime and is now doing time for it. the other instructors are still working and teaching people to ride. i felt totally at ease there and in no danger what so ever, even when stood alone chatting to nigel. the circumstances surrounding the case is for him to post or the female in question and by no means should affect the judgement of anyone wanting to ride a motorbike.

im sure there are people related to you histy who have committed a crime, does that mean we all avoid you like the plague?

the easiest thing for the OP to do is go down to ATB, look around, chat to the instructors and make your own mind up, all i can say is my husband was into it for £1, 500 with bikesafe and he hadnt even progressed to mod one, he went to ATB, and they put him forward for mod 1 asap, then mod 2 straight after. they do not milk you for more money and stay in touch even after you have passed.

jaxter30,

Doubt if you would be quite so understanding or forgiving if you had been the victim. I doubt if you have been given a true version of the facts. If you had you would probably feel differently.

As regards training schools I passed with bikesafe as a complete novice and it didnt cost me anything like £1500. If he was on the same course as i was which i presume would be the most expensive he would have to have had 18 days training at least after his cbt to spend this sort of money. Facts wrong again ?

I would def recommend bikesafe or heard many good things about Kyle at KK.

they do not milk you for more money and stay in touch even after you have passed.

They told me theyd sort a retest out ASAP when I failed mine first time, never got back in touch, then when I rang to ask about it, denied all knowledge of it and me and told me Id have to book a 4 day course. If thats not milking for money then I dont know what is.