Will traditional shopping eventually become obsolete due to internet?

Will traditional shopping eventually become obsolete due to internet?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Will traditional shopping eventually become obsolete due to internet?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Nope.

There are so many things I buy where I want to feel the product - clothes, shoes, art - even books.

And as for food - give me a market stall or shop where I can smell, prod and generally experience the food I'm buying.

Joe

I would have replied earlier, but after reading the question, I had to take a couple of junior aspirin, and have a lie down in a darkened room with a cold flannel on my head.

The end of shopping? Never. It's too much of a recreational activity for so many! :D

I think UK shops being able to charge whatever they like and generally rip-off customers will become obsolete.

The internet gives the shopper the ability to buy direct from the manufacturer and so cut-out the markup and "service" fees of shops.

I tend to go to shops to see products and try clothes on etc, then I buy it online if possible.

YES AND NO....

CLOTHES SHOPPING ON THE NET WILL NEVER WORK AS PEOPLE ARE TOO VAIN..

FOOD SHOPPING WILL NEVER SWING FULLY TO THE NET AS YOU CANT SEE THE BARGAINS AT THE END OF THE ISLES ON THE NET :hihi:

COULD GO ON ALL DAY... I PREFER TO DO MOST OF MY SHOPPIN IN PERSON... BUT THERE ARE LASY COONTS WHO WOULD IF THEY COULD!

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! :loopy:

I shop as appropriate. When i'm buying something that doesn't need to fit me and where the quality doesn't vary due to being a natural product i'm likely to research it and probably buy it online.

If it has to fit or is organic (ie food) then i'll most likely buy it in person.

Saying that though, home shopping via mail order has been popular for your years and has probably taken a hit recently due to internet shopping. And if Asda or Tesco could actually get an order correct when using home delivery i'd be tempted to use that more often due to the convenience.

Originally posted by SteveWilson

YES AND NO....

CLOTHES SHOPPING ON THE NET WILL NEVER WORK AS PEOPLE ARE TOO VAIN..

FOOD SHOPPING WILL NEVER SWING FULLY TO THE NET AS YOU CANT SEE THE BARGAINS AT THE END OF THE ISLES ON THE NET :hihi:

COULD GO ON ALL DAY... I PREFER TO DO MOST OF MY SHOPPIN IN PERSON... BUT THERE ARE LASY COONTS WHO WOULD IF THEY COULD!

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! :loopy:

Please take your caps lock off! This is regarded as 'shouting'.

Thanks.

Internet shopping here I come! no more driving for half an hour through the traffic, getting rained on walking from the car park to the shops, having little old ladies let doors slam in my face or stopping randomly in front of me. No more balshy cashiers looking at you like you’re a skidmark or shop managers refusing to exchange blatantly faulty goods!

ARH, the worlds biggest bumble bee just flew past my face!