Burglar stabbed to death, right or wrong ?

Altho i think a life is more precious than, lets say £60, he shouldnt have been there. May teach other thiefs a lesson in future.

I fear that it will teach them the wrong lesson. People are always going to have problems and because of that there will always be this type of crime. The lesson this may teach them is to arm themselves whilst they break into properties. This would have even more of a negative effect on this whole type of situation.

I fear that it will teach them the wrong lesson. People are always going to have problems and because of that there will always be this type of crime. The lesson this may teach them is to arm themselves whilst they break into properties. This would have even more of a negative effect on this whole type of situation.

Very true and if they're high on something you never know what could happen.

OR maybe the correct support so that people don't have to result to crime.

Everyone sees a criminal for being a criminal but it would be stupid to think they are born that way. The Anomie theory could therefore be an example of why people commit crimes like theft. So using that theory it could be possible to offer correct support and reduce that type of crime.

I can't feel any sympathy for him, but I can't say I feel he deserved to die - however, for all those on here baying for blood, can someone draw the line for me? When does death become an appropriate punishment?

Speeding?

Flouting the Smoking Ban?

Buying Dodgy Fags?

Stealing a Car?

Fiddling an Insurance Claim?

Downloading Music (illegally)?

Shoplifting?

Assault?

Taking Class C Drugs?

Taking Class A Drugs?

Punishment should fit the crime, burglary deserves a stiff jail term (stiffer than the current status quo, I would say), but I don't think death and burglary are quite equal.

Oh, and I'll re-iterate, I have no sympathy for this person - but I also fail to understand those who feel that he deserved to die.

I can't feel any sympathy for him, but I can't say I feel he deserved to die - however, for all those on here baying for blood, can someone draw the line for me? When does death become an appropriate punishment?

Speeding?

Flouting the Smoking Ban?

Buying Dodgy Fags?

Stealing a Car?

Fiddling an Insurance Claim?

Downloading Music (illegally)?

Shoplifting?

Assault?

Taking Class C Drugs?

Taking Class A Drugs?

Punishment should fit the crime, burglary deserves a stiff jail term (stiffer than the current status quo, I would say), but I don't think death and burglary are quite equal.

Oh, and I'll re-iterate, I have no sympathy for this person - but I also fail to understand those who feel that he deserved to die.

Burglary is in fact getting stiffer jail terms - a simple google search will reveal that a few weeks/months ago the Lord Chief Justice pushed for harder sentencing on burglars.

Burglary is in fact getting stiffer jail terms - a simple google search will reveal that a few weeks/months ago the Lord Chief Justice pushed for harder sentencing on burglars.

A simple google search like this?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1160103/Junkie-burglars-cheat-justice-Serial-teenage-criminals-escape-slap-wrist.html

Serial teenage burglars and muggers could escape with a caution if they have a drug habit, it emerged last night.

Even when a tearaway commits a string of crimes, a 'conditional caution' could be handed down instead of a court trial and possible jail sentence.

The conditions could involve simply saying sorry to victims or repairing damage. The Tories called the controversial Government proposals 'cheating justice'. Critics fear they remove a significant deterrent to repeat offending.

Last year, under-18s committed more than 6,500 house burglaries and 6,300 robberies and were involved in 47,000 cases of theft and handling stolen goods.

Aaaaw! you really are fluffy. :hihi:

Golly, this is a long thread on it's first day.

Easy one for me.

I would have been frightened he was about to attack me with the kitchen knife he had in his hand.

I would have defended myself and my family in accordance with the threat.

Then I would have popped to the kitchen to get the knife I was afraid off and put in in his hand.

Yes Mr Plod. He attacked me and I defended. See that big knife in his hand officer?

Stuff the little sod.

How fluffy is that?

Edited by upinwath
seeing how fluffy I am