Climax this May 2005

Originally posted by nick2

I don't understand why straight people go to a gay night, unless they are going with a gay friend.

Well, personally I think it's because generally gay venues or gay events tend to have a much more relaxed atmosphere.

You can be who you want to be (come as your are) and you don't get any where near the amount of trouble you get in a straight club but that's just my opinion. :)

Originally posted by sparklesista

Well, personally I think it's because generally gay venues or gay events tend to have a much more relaxed atmosphere.

It's the lack of straight people that makes them so relaxed though. Once you get too many straight people you can't "be yourself" anymore, you have to start worrying if some bloke is going to puch you because you looked at his arse (happened to a mate of mine once at Climax) and you get all the straight women cooing "you're not realy gay are you, what a waste", which is about the most insulting thing they could say, or my favourite, overheard in gents toilet, "I've nothing against poofs as long as they stay away from me", why was he at a gay night then ?

I've nothing against straight people BTW.

Originally posted by nick2

It's the lack of straight people that makes them so relaxed though. Once you get too many straight people you can't "be yourself" anymore, you have to start worrying if some bloke is going to puch you because you looked at his arse (happened to a mate of mine once at Climax) and you get all the straight women cooing "you're not realy gay are you, what a waste", which is about the most insulting thing they could say, or my favourite, overheard in gents toilet, "I've nothing against poofs as long as they stay away from me", why was he at a gay night then ?

I've nothing against straight people BTW.

I can see where you're coming from and I'm sorry that you've experienced such bad behaviour from these people but not all of us "straight" people are bad!

The fact that a straight person is at a gay venue will always out weigh any rude comment they might say anyway because after all... why are they at a gay venue if they don't like it? :)

Natalie you're getting around the forum today!

as for climax I'll defo meet you before hand does this mean I have to behave around you though because your bf is gonna be there?

Originally posted by damo

Natalie you're getting around the forum today!

as for climax I'll defo meet you before hand does this mean I have to behave around you though because your bf is gonna be there?

Haha! I get around wherever I go :P:D

Nah, you don't have to behave yourself around me... I'm still gonna keep grabbing your arse! ;)

Originally posted by mjlacey21

To be honest I found Climax one of the least relaxed atmospheres I've ever been out in. maybe the nights I go to are unusually friendly but I hated the way people acted towards me at Climax.

Where do you normally go out mjlacey21? :)

Archived