SOYO ~ New Independent Bar opening in Sheffield!

SOYO ~ Sheffield's New Independent Bar opening March 7th on Rockingham St! Just around the corner from bungalows and bears behind the student halls before you get to west street!

Web : http://www.soyo.me

Facebook Group : http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=52048182315

Thought this my be of interest, it sounds pretty interesting from what i've seen.

"Located within the historic methodist church on Rockingham Street, SOYO will mix grand tradition with eclectic modern cool. Positioned perfectly in the Devonshire Quarter, its emphasis will be on late night drinking for everyone. A stylish lifestyle in a friendly warm atmosphere."

Why would anyone start a bar with the same name as an existing restaurant in the city? It just doesn't seem sensible to me because web searches looking for directions and the like produce very mixed messages.

Yeah i know what you mean... i havent seen the place on London road myself. I just guessed it was a common use of SOuth YOrkshire but i could be wrong! Anyway its a new city centre bar which should be good from what i've heard.

and slap bang next to our apartments..... really looking forward to this one opening.

Will there be music? Bands, DJ's etc

and slap bang next to our apartments..... really looking forward to this one opening.

well anyone who lives withinn the main nighclub/pub areas of town has no grounds for complaint.

What were you expecting? Noise to stop becasue you moved in?

I think I may have to check this one out - its right near my regular!

Not my kind of place from the sounds of it but good luck to them, it's a tough time to be opening a bar.

It'll be worth checking out even if it's just to see the interior. David Bailey from Kiosk (and ex The Designers Republic ) has directed it, with help from Graphic Design students at Sheffield Hallam.

I'll give the place a try - sounds interesting. Like the website even though it's completely uninformative!

well anyone who lives withinn the main nighclub/pub areas of town has no grounds for complaint.

very wrong.

No. I did not expect noise to stop.... and I don't live in the main nightclub/pub area. In case you hadn't noticed that little of strip of Rockingham Street is mainly residential. There is Smithfield Apartments, the student apartments and some Housing Association flats. There is also a new development of mews cottage type properties around the back - just behind where this new bar will be. There are a couple of office blocks and Adnan's chicken place, but that's on the far corner, not actually on our street.

The location does't make sense. It's out of the way and will cause disturbance to the residents in the area. And before you ask, yes I did object to the Planning Application, as did others. At the time the application was being made, there were plently of available units on West Street. There's still the old Yates' bar on Division Street. It just doesn't make sense.

This one sounds like the next really hip and cool coffee shop to be seen in - am looking forward to it :-)

About time Sheffields Night scene got a new bar. More late bars needed. I hope its got decent drinks/music etc.