Riot police at Sheffield Park Academy.

If no one should say anything that might upset others than why not go live in zimbabwe where the view you just mentioned is the norm. Freedom of speech is freedom of speech. I'm sorry if you can't take in others views if they upset anyone

You know, I am not that educated, and nor do I see myself as that educated. However, you would think that people like myself, who cannot even speak English as her first language, can manage to find out the local ettiquettes, and civilities, and so forth, and respect others as humans, and their rights, you would think that other people out there can be the same, and may also be the same too?

"Freedom of speech." Sadly, a lot of people use this kind of term to fight others and defend their own ignorance. I know what term there is to describe that, but it would be rude of me to say it out loud.

There is freedom of speech, and then there is freedom of opinion, but when it is obvious that someone is ignorant, or that they are displaying stereotypes, and prejudice, exactly how do you respond to that?

What, you think he's right then?

You know what, since English is not my first language, I am SO glad that I do not work on this "either or" logic, and the limitation of the English language. I did not say that he is right or that he is wrong. I know that he is stereotyping and I have highlighted that. How you interpret what I say is of course, absolutely down to yourself! Not that I give a darn to be honest. I am becoming a forum cynic.

I know when someone is way out of line, and when someone do not give a darn about others. If people are that selfish as individuals, then why should I even bother and try to change their narrow-mindedness? It is not my job. Nor do I want to do that. They are adult enough to give their own judgement, and I am sure that LordC is faaaaar educated to know, and use very savvy political tools to win his "debates".

As English is not my first language, I will never win this, but I will mark and remember what I read where, and I think people like myself, is best to avoid people like him.

Edited by Bago

You attempt to educate them.

People are old enough to take responsibilities for themselves. If someone verbally attacked them, then if they have any ethical bone in their own body, surely they would think kindly as to why someone respond so badly towards them? I call that having a moral sense of values.

Most debates are socially enjoyable, when it is a discovery of information, and exchanging of views. When it is obvious is that someone has made up their own mind, and is sprouting crap, exactly why do you feel that it is necessary or that it is your job to educate them?

The world's information is at hand here on the internet. People have a mind of their own, and a brain of their own to deduce what it is that they are reading. Surely, if someone like me can read a few lines to understand a few concepts, others can too? It is patronising if I had to educate them. I certainly will feel this way, if I was being "educated".

Edited by Bago
Oops. Missed a word.

It's interesting but in Britain of all the races and colours we never hear of or see the Chinese or Japanese behaving like this.

I do like to respond to this. Because chinese will flee away from the troubled areas than to cause more trouble, and endanger their own kids. That is what my father did when we had trouble in Liverpool many many moons ago. It caused us to lose our own family business, and my brothers were so ready to fight the local lads who picked on them, and attacked our family business by bricking our windows, which sadly the police did not do very much about.

As a smart move, my father did move the family away from that area, and he worked elsewhere. Whereas I am glad that my mother brought us closer to her siblings and I found stabilities in our lives. I still remember my mother asking, if they would follow us, wherever we went. I don't know whether she thought of triads and whether these people were in gangs or what. I can certainly say that it look my brothers years to forget that. As they were truly ready to defend their own family. I was only 7, and I remember being hushed away from the debris.

It also happens to Chinese too. I sadly also read an article about troubles in Wigan in the last few years, and realise that things like this will and still happens. A lot of these kind of issues are never ever raised because it may seem to cause more tension than it really should. That is why you have so many of these monitoring group to raise the issue, and so forth. I am sure that most media do not wish to pick up this kind of issue and display it.

http://www.monitoring-group.co.uk/takeaway-racism/

I am not saying that ethnic minorities are right, and nor am I saying that there is no backlash in this current climate towards indigenous white locals. I think it has happened, and it has started to happen. I just hope that both sides will see the real facts out there.

A lot of these racially discrminating cases were never ever made to the press in the past. It certainly did not exist in my family's generation, since my parents couldn't even read and write in English, so how can you expect these cases to be reported? I am sometimes glad of the introduction of the Racially Discriminating Law back then, as troubles were indeed rife. I am also surprised, but is glad that the law is now taken back out, and adjust the balance, as there are more backlash and responses to these so called casual racism in return too. It is going both ways. I sometimes just hope that it will stop.

As for Sheffield, I do hope that it can settle itself, as it will be the adults which makes the city what it is. I did not realise the long standing history of this particular school. Though I have heard of the low score that this school had. I really do wish that the police will get involved more and settle the peace, and so forth. Even if they have to take action in removing the culprits. From both side. Either that, or maybe it is time to close the school down, if the long history of it had always been there.

Edited by Bago

Why shold it be a racist attack because a few lads have a fight.

As we have such a mixture of races now it's inevitable someone is of a different back ground when they have a scrap.Does not man it is a racist attack.

It's a number of lads who happen to be doing what they have always done.

Sadly the Asians came off worst and their people turned out in a mob looking for revenge.

What next?A full scale scrap between the Asians and the 'whites'

What is the percentage of Muslims at this school anyone know?

That is the most disgusting post I have read to date on this forum. :mad:

Thank you bago for this touching comment. I feel deeply honoured. I do hope you put my name forward for inclusion in the Sheffield Forum Honours List, in the 'Most Disgusting Post of the Year' category. In the meantime, I will work on my acceptance speech.

That is the most disgusting post I have read to date on this forum. :mad:

If words like yours were more respectful and is not stereotyping others, then you will not find others getting riled up and building up this frustration inside of them.

One thing I truly hate about this country is that fact that many people think that a "voice" is all Godsgiven right, when in fact, in a more rude way to put it, "is slagging others off", all in the thinly veiled label of "discussion" and "freedom of expression".

If nobody has anything nice to say about others, then do not say it. It is that simple.

I can't see waht's disgusting about it? Just simply stating the movement of various nationalities and that this could possibly be one of the reasons why some cultures / nationalities are more educated than others = less racist.

Sorry to hear about the racist attacks you suffered in Liverpool, and it is a shame that Sheffield is becoming more segregated.

It's such a shame because I think Liverpool has a brilliant 'China town' (sorry if thats offensive) and i also love visiting friends and relatives there in the city for this reason, Its good to see the London road area growing and now becoming a bigger Chinese community.

Out of all the nationanlties i've come across i've always found the Chinese, generally speaking to be more polite and respectful than any other nationalities

Edited by cheapthrillz