Would you report someone ??

Would you report someone on benefits for turning down a job ?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Would you report someone on benefits for turning down a job ?

• Yes i would !! everyone should work given the opportunity.
    • No i wouldn't let them scrounge if thats what they want.
    • Not bothered either way.

It's not a crime not to want to do a particular job i don't think. Nor is it enforceable.

It should be. Its outrageous that in this financial climate someone can refuse to take a job incase it harms his/her benefits.

Outrageous!!

I dont think I would report someone in those circumstances, no. You dont know the persons circumstances fully, and you have little proof, and its none of your business, really.

I dont think I would report someone in those circumstances, no. You dont know the persons circumstances fully, and you have little proof, and its none of your business, really.

As tax payers its all our business. If the man/women in question has valid reasons for refusing a job the the dss investigation will find that out and no action will be taken. If they are extracting the urine by preferring to stay on benefits then they will proably be prosecuted.

Either way its all our duties to inform on these people.

Who are you going to report them to? Is it a crime to refuse a job?

It depends on the benefit/s claimed, Sidney.

If the person in question is claiming JSA, and evidence comes to light that that person has turned down an offer of a 'reasonable job' given the circumstances, then that person could be deemed by a decision maker as 'refusing employment', and would have a sanction imposed on their benefit.

If it's any other benefit at all, it doesn't matter, as no other benefit has a compulsion to take work.

It's not a crime not to want to do a particular job i don't think. Nor is it enforceable.

Actually, although not a crime it is enforceable by Jobcentre Plus.

When someone makes a claim to JSA, they complete a "Jobseeker's Agreement", and on there they must nominate at least two areas of work in which they want to seek employment.

If the person is claiming JSA, and if the person has definitely been offered a post, and if it falls in one of the specified areas of work, and if the job is reasonable to take, and if there is no 'good cause' to turn it down, then a Decision Maker would use the Jobseeker's Agreement as evidence to impose a sanction.

I half expected this sort of response which is why i stated NO ARGUMENTS !! Being the OP can i state that the person in question is quite capable of doing the FULL TIME POSITION that was offered to them and just because the person in question denied that position I have reported them to the DWP with the permission of my friend that sent me the email from the person that declined the position for the reasons allready stated... is that clear enough for you ?? :confused:

I half expected this sort of response which is why i stated NO ARGUMENTS !! Being the OP can i state that the person in question is quite capable of doing the FULL TIME POSITION that was offered to them and just because the person in question denied that position I have reported them to the DWP with the permission of my friend that sent me the email from the person that declined the position for the reasons allready stated... is that clear enough for you ?? :confused:

Calm down.

In your opinion, the person may be capable of it, but in point of law, unless the person is claiming JSA, there's diddly squat which can be done about a refusal of employment.

That's all I'm saying.

AS the op you can state all you want but it's not illegal to do it. And as someone in the know has stated if it isn;t within the remit of the work they are searching for then JSA can do nothing either.

You can't force a skilled joiner to be a window cleaner for instance.

I agree it's morally questionable.

The person involved will come to justice as the relevant departments have been informed now. Perhaps you ought to concentrate on un founded accusations of me being a member of the hitler youth than facts brought to light ???

Once again thank you for the apology... :thumbsup:

I have read and re-read my posts and can find not one that accuses you of being a member of the long defunct Hitler Youth. I did say that organisation employed identical tactics - gathering information and passing it onto the relevant state agency in the misguided belief that it would benefit society as a whole.

The Stasi in East Germany carried out similar operations. The most efficient method of controlling a society is to get its citizen's to 'police themselves'. History has shown us that those with an axe to grind throw themselves wholeheartedly into such malicious and spiteful endeavours. The most vulnerable and disadvantaged people pay the price.

Edited by The RADICAL

AS the op you can state all you want but it's not illegal to do it. And as someone in the know has stated if it isn;t within the remit of the work they are searching for then JSA can do nothing either.

You can't force a skilled joiner to be a window cleaner for instance.

I agree it's morally questionable.

Does nobody read anything anymore ?? I have phoned the DWP and they agree that the person should have taken the position and they will be acting on it.. unless you know better Willman ?? For christ sake another mod with sheffield forum rules and regulations that supercede that of the dwp ??? Are you all so well informed that you know better than the DWP ??

Yes report them. Why should the tax payer support someone for sitting on their @rse when they are capable of work? I had work collegue who had to give up her job as her husband went on the dole and her earnings meant he had less benefits where is the sense in that?

Does nobody read anything anymore ?? I have phoned the DWP and they agree that the person should have taken the position and they will be acting on it.. unless you know better Willman ?? For christ sake another mod with sheffield forum rules and regulations that supercede that of the dwp ??? Are you all so well informed that you know better than the DWP ??

I think you might want to rethink you rcomments which appear to be getting personal.

It appears you don't read the posts telling you that unless its' JSA they can't do anything about it.

Yes we do know of reasons why what you say won't be acted upon - certain people here work for DWP.

Edited by willman