Would you report someone ??

Would you report someone on benefits for turning down a job ?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Would you report someone on benefits for turning down a job ?

• Yes i would !! everyone should work given the opportunity.
    • No i wouldn't let them scrounge if thats what they want.
    • Not bothered either way.

Are you just a troll or completely mad ??? I quote "No. I do not support the tactics of the Hitler Youth." Neither do I ?? where did you get that assumption from ?? Did I mention Hitler youth ?? NO !! And yes I have just reported the work shy fop to the DWP and they will be investigating the E mail sent to me from my friend and the person that sent it will be getting paid a visit.. People like this that sponge off society are taking taxes from the needy like hospitals and the much under funded hospices that are there for the needy not the wanty (poetic licence applied for)

I think you've just come up with the DWP's new advertising slogan.

"The DWP - Here for the needy, not the wanty".

Are you just a troll or completely mad ??? I quote "No. I do not support the tactics of the Hitler Youth." Neither do I ?? where did you get that assumption from ?? Did I mention Hitler youth ?? NO !! And yes I have just reported the work shy fop to the DWP and they will be investigating the E mail sent to me from my friend and the person that sent it will be getting paid a visit.. People like this that sponge off society are taking taxes from the needy like hospitals and the much under funded hospices that are there for the needy not the wanty (poetic licence applied for)

We certainly don't need a Stasi in this country with 'concerned' citizens such as you self-policing us. 'People like this that sponge off society' - isn't that a Murdoch headline? Do you really think super capitalists like him have the best interests of Britain at heart?

Where I originally come from you would be labelled a 'Tout'.

Disgusting.

I have a feeling that this is a sly backhanded dig about somebody on here..... no names mentioned.

I do agree some people need to be reported with regards to situations like this, however proving that they are not doing work because it is affecting their benefits would be hard to prove.

I beg your pardon !! If you look at my post count you will see that i have not been a member of Sheffield Forum all that long and as such i dont know most people from adam ??? Who is it you are referring to ?? if its a point of dissention then pm me but i assure you that this is a valid topic and i am not referring to anyone off here to the best of my knowledge... oh hang about... ?? maybe you are referring to the poster that i have a dig at for posting one liners re: his job application ?? I can assure you that this has nothing to do with that poster... Wouldnt waste my time on someone that does not post topics just gives one liner post in reply to others post.. No names mentioned !!! How very dare you ?? Pfft...

I think you've just come up with the DWP's new advertising slogan.

"The DWP - Here for the needy, not the wanty".

Cheers Basil I may suggest it to the DWP next time they contact me :thumbsup:

Read the words "I have a feeling".

If I'm wrong then you have my unreserved apologies... But I don't think I am.

It seems quite evident to me that the OP has some guilty feelings about informing on an individual to the state. Why? Well, by posting the topic on here he/she is demonstrating a need for reassurance from like minded people, confirmation from others that he/she has 'done the right thing'.

The OP is well aware that 'grassing' is a shameful act of betrayal employed by cowards.

Disgusting.

Read the words "I have a feeling".

If I'm wrong then you have my unreserved apologies... But I don't think I am.

You are wrong and i do not accept your sanctimonious apology. or do i ?? works both ways mod...:mad: how dare you assume?? perhaps you would like to point out where your disbeliefs are founded then ?? before the board !!! Honestly....:confused:

You are wrong and i do not accept your sanctimonious apology. or do i ??

Doesn't matter - it's been retracted.

works both ways mod...:mad:

What has me being a mod got to do with anything that is being discussed?

how dare you assume??

Assumptions are a part of every day life. I suggest if you can't accept that then you should stay in doors..... but hold on a second can I just refer you to your original post....

AND I QUOTE

That has blatently turned down an offer for full time paid work if it affected their benefits styled lifestyle, i have it on good knowledge that someone has just turned down a full time job that pays above the national minimum wage, because it will affect their benefits entitlement and probably because they will have to get up off their backsides and pay back some of the benefits that they have been sponging off the state for years... This person is able to work but chooses not too for this reason... Personally im disgusted but what is your opinion ?

I've highlighted the word probably. Would you say that because of using this word you are "assuming" that the said person doesn't want to work because benefits may well lapse?

perhaps you would like to point out where your disbeliefs are founded then ?? before the board !!! Honestly....:confused:

My beliefs are founded upon experience.

Anyways, this is all I have to say on the matter, I don't have the time to carry this on further.

Thanks

Thank you Robbie lovin in that case.. but I was leaving my original post open to debate which is why i posted "probably" as at that moment it was a question and not an act as it is now... The person involved will come to justice as the relevant departments have been informed now. Perhaps you ought to concentrate on un founded accusations of me being a member of the hitler youth than facts brought to light ???

Once again thank you for the apology... :thumbsup:

That has blatently turned down an offer for full time paid work if it affected their benefits styled lifestyle, i have it on good knowledge that someone has just turned down a full time job that pays above the national minimum wage, because it will affect their benefits entitlement and probably because they will have to get up off their backsides and pay back some of the benefits that they have been sponging off the state for years... This person is able to work but chooses not too for this reason... Personally im disgusted but what is your opinion ?
\

Who are you going to report them to? Is it a crime to refuse a job?

It's not a crime not to want to do a particular job i don't think. Nor is it enforceable.

Well you can't report somebody if they have commited no crime just because you don't like what they have done.