Old Fairgrounds and Circuses

I remember the fair that used to go to Norfolk Park, late 70's early 80's. The waltzer was Farrers, at the time I thought it was awesome!!!
eyup jane, farrars waltzer is actually owned by william percival there still on the go, they live at chapeltown

eyup jane, farrars waltzer is actually owned by william percival there still on the go, they live at chapeltown

Thanks for that mh01, I always thought it was the best waltzer I've ever been on.

It had the best looking lads as well!!:)

anyone remember the fair that came on the spare ground on Wordsworth Ave just down from the Tavern (junction with Remmingtom) ?

Acting reit ard sitting on the barriers with legs tooked behind, on the speedway.

Trying to impress all the birds lol

Where were the Health & Safety people then ??

Mid 70s me thinks.

Edited by Mr Pops

Thanks for that mh01, I always thought it was the best waltzer I've ever been on.

It had the best looking lads as well!!:)

hahaha dont bet on it janeybird we wernt 2 bad workin 4 arthur north!that waltzer is still in use today as far as i know Edited by mh01

anyone remember the fair that came on the spare ground on Wordsworth Ave just down from the Tavern (junction with Remmingtom) ?

Acting reit ard sitting on the barriers with legs tooked behind on the speedway.

Where were the Health & Safety people then ??

Mid 70s me thinks.

i use to work on that 1! it was run by arthur north & son they had the dodgem and arcade, the waltzer was under the name of jt north but run by the roberts family, the speedway that came was run by des stanley from barnsley and 2years there was the umbrellas, they were run by micheal whiting all of these still operate apart from the umbrellas-whitings still operate kids rides

Yep Your right M8 not much there ,but we woud spend all night hangin around.

great memories

Yep Your right M8 not much there ,but we woud spend all night hangin around.

great memories

the biggest i remember us doing was probably firth park about 6wks after wordsworth, farrars/percivals waltzer was converted to speedway at firth park cos harniess of doncaster did the waltzer they use to meet up with us there. most of them live at chapeltown now apart from stanleys who are still at barnsley and harniess are still in donny

eyup banjo, i left colley in 85 did you know paul c, liam r, chris c? they all went to colley and all worked for arthur, great family the norths, proper looked after there lads and old mrs norths cooking was to die for her home made doorstep sarnies were the best youd ever tasted

Hiya MH, I know Liam, Paul and Chris. I married a Percivals lad tho!

Hiya MH, I know Liam, Paul and Chris. I married a Percivals lad tho!
eyup banjo, which percivals? there was 2 percival familys, william and another who use to park up by the ball over winter. was you in paul c's year then cos i think he left colley in 81

I was a year above Paul, he married a girl from Normanton that he met when he was travelling. It was William and Gladys that my OH worked for, not seen them for about 5 years though

I was a year above Paul, he married a girl from Normanton that he met when he was travelling. It was William and Gladys that my OH worked for, not seen them for about 5 years though
i think he's still with her, you mean the 1 who had dark curly hair. paul was a good tattooist aswel he could have made a good living from that