Old Fairgrounds and Circuses

i workt on most of the fairs in sheffield i workt 4 whiteings did 17 years with them wer the best years of my life

was it walt or michael you worked for?

he also has an elder brother called paul who also worked for arthur north
there was also another brother called keith who worked with us for arthur north

would that be mike whiting ?

yes n ther was walter n philip whiting but u never saw philp

was it walt or michael you worked for?

i workt 4 michael

i workt 4 michael
decent bloke micheal, still lives in chap as far as i know, i havnt seen him for a year or so

decent bloke micheal, still lives in chap as far as i know, i havnt seen him for a year or so

yes he still at chap e dont do many fairs now jus galas

yes he still at chap e dont do many fairs now jus galas
thats right, i think he's just got 3 kids rides

thats right, i think he's just got 3 kids rides

yes thats right hie brother walter still does fairs . ad some good times working 4 him . wen e ad his paratrooper n then the ski jump n in arcade

yes thats right hie brother walter still does fairs . ad some good times working 4 him . wen e ad his paratrooper n then the ski jump n in arcade
i remember mick had the paratrooper at 1 stage cos he did a few gaffs with us & mick also had a arcade every year at firth park with us whilst our arcade was at huddersfield

i remember mick had the paratrooper at 1 stage cos he did a few gaffs with us & mick also had a arcade every year at firth park with us whilst our arcade was at huddersfield

he ad a little arcade that built up from bits off a hoopla then we built the big one at a place called whitwell n e ad that 4 a number of years

he ad a little arcade that built up from bits off a hoopla then we built the big one at a place called whitwell n e ad that 4 a number of years
yeah he scaled down a bit after his wife died if i remember correctly so that he'd got more time to spend with his disabled son. i think he's since remarried

yeah he scaled down a bit after his wife died if i remember correctly so that he'd got more time to spend with his disabled son. i think he's since remarried
his wife kathleen still alive n his son micheal ashley is alive 2 but not been 2 well but he as allways been ill i was talking 2 her brother neil ashcroft other day