'Threads' 1984 - Location Guide

So we all remember Barry Hines 1984 Nuclear apocalypto-drama 'Threads', which was set in Sheffield. I rewatched it at the weekend for the first time since I moved to Sheffield, and I've been trying to work out where some of the locations are - I've got a few , can anyone help me with the others.

The Pub that Jimmy and his mate go to before war is declared is 'The Nottingham House' in Broomhill - you can see from the glass in the windows.

Ruth's parent's house is (I think) in Rustlings Road. There's a shot of it that looks as if it was taken from just the other side of the little river/boating lake thingy at the oakbrook road end.

I'll have a think and stick up some more - Anyone know any others?

It's ages since I saw this so can't remember character names, but we used to live on Hawksley Road at Hillsborough and the house opposite us was used in the programme. You can see the Regent Court flats opposite.

It's ages since I saw this so can't remember character names, but we used to live on Hawksley Road at Hillsborough and the house opposite us was used in the programme. You can see the Regent Court flats opposite.

Jimmy's family house is a standard Sheffield red brick terrace. It's really hard to place, but perhaps someone who's lived here all their lives might be able to.

Very weird for a newcomer like me to see the Eggbox instead of the Winter Gardens though!

Ann's right. The Jimmy's house is Hawksley Road, and when the neighbouring family pile into the car and drive off, they turn off into one of the side roads (which is actually a dead-end in rela life).

Do a search - there's a big threads thread already with a lot of this info in :)

Ann's right. The Jimmy's house is Hawksley Road, and when the neighbouring family pile into the car and drive off, they turn off into one of the side roads (which is actually a dead-end in rela life).

Do a search - there's a big threads thread already with a lot of this info in :)

Um, searching the Threads for 'Threads' is a little hard!

So we all remember Barry Hines 1984 Nuclear apocalypto-drama 'Threads', which was set in Sheffield. I rewatched it at the weekend for the first time since I moved to Sheffield, and I've been trying to work out where some of the locations are - I've got a few , can anyone help me with the others.

The Pub that Jimmy and his mate go to before war is declared is 'The Nottingham House' in Broomhill - you can see from the glass in the windows.

Ruth's parent's house is (I think) in Rustlings Road. There's a shot of it that looks as if it was taken from just the other side of the little river/boating lake thingy at the oakbrook road end.

I'll have a think and stick up some more - Anyone know any others?

Hey - I was an extra in the film.. some was obviously fimed in the city centre - Fargate and outside the City hall. Other scenes I remember where at the old infirmary buildings on Langsett road.

ruths house was rustlings road, very near to the memorial, in endcliffe park.

Know this thread is over a year old but dint want to start a new one, but i just watch this film has a friend told me about it been filmed in Sheffield, and i really enjoyed watching. I would have only been about 7 when it was made so i don't recall it been filmed. I add a link to it if anyone like to watch.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-2023790698427111488&ei=hzqYS8WODIqn-Aa_-aG5CA&q=Threads&hl=en#

Hey - I was an extra in the film.. some was obviously fimed in the city centre - Fargate and outside the City hall. Other scenes I remember where at the old infirmary buildings on Langsett road.

Were you that woman who wee'd herself? :hihi:

Were you that woman who wee'd herself? :hihi:

No shame in peeing yourself if you happen to witness what she did......for me, it would be the best Laxative since 10 pints of Newcastle brown and a dodgy Kebab.

To say the film (excellent) is only 26 years old, its astonishing how much times have changed.....you could easily imagine it being 40 years ago.

Know this thread is over a year old but dint want to start a new one, but i just watch this film has a friend told me about it been filmed in Sheffield, and i really enjoyed watching. I would have only been about 7 when it was made so i don't recall it been filmed. I add a link to it if anyone like to watch.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-2023790698427111488&ei=hzqYS8WODIqn-Aa_-aG5CA&q=Threads&hl=en#

Thanks for the link dieselbabe, it's been a long time since I watched it.

we used to laugh cos an old teacher at our school was in film a mr peck i remember it well they painted white body shapes all over town centre for it