Winterhill school

That`s brilliant. Well done. That is a testament to a lot of hard work by the whole team.

maybe it reflects the reality inside the school gates but not the reality of living near to the school, for us unfortunate residents who have to put up with behaviour of kids coming and going - shouting, swearing, littering, walking out in front of cars as slowly as they can morning and evening. Maybe they should do some lessons in how to be a responsible person outside school too? Get them doing some litter picking on the field next to school!

Glad thats off my chest!!

maybe it reflects the reality inside the school gates but not the reality of living near to the school, for us unfortunate residents who have to put up with behaviour of kids coming and going - shouting, swearing, littering, walking out in front of cars as slowly as they can morning and evening. Maybe they should do some lessons in how to be a responsible person outside school too? Get them doing some litter picking on the field next to school!

Yeah, just before they make their tea for them, wash their clothes and put them to bed!

I would imagine lessons in personal conduct lie within the remit of home and community as both lie outside school.Was the school built before or after your tenure-if the former then perhaps you should have bought elsewhere?

I would imagine lessons in personal conduct lie within the remit of home and community as both lie outside school.Was the school built before or after your tenure-if the former then perhaps you should have bought elsewhere?

I thought the school was supposed to be part of the community? It just feels like in this case that once kids are outside the school gate any interest in the childrens behaviour is lost.

The behaviour outside of school has definately got worse in the 10 years we've lived here. Also when I was at school (not Wintehill/Old Hall) there was an expectation that our behaviour to and from school reflected on the school as a whole.

I thought the school was supposed to be part of the community? It just feels like in this case that once kids are outside the school gate any interest in the childrens behaviour is lost.

The behaviour outside of school has definately got worse in the 10 years we've lived here. Also when I was at school (not Wintehill/Old Hall) there was an expectation that our behaviour to and from school reflected on the school as a whole.

Perhaps the head will let you address the kids in assembly with your ideas?

SO often you get this perception if you live close to a school. Pupils do go a bit wappy when the final bell rings and, theoretically, they are the responsibilty of the school whilst in transit. However, if you think that they look a bit of a handful, it is worth realising what a tremendous job teachers do teaching a complex, demanding and ever-changing curriculum to classes of 30+ of the little darlings.

Have you ever thought to contact Mr Burman about this? Or are you happy to just sit moaning on Sheffield forum about it? (Mr Burman is the head teacher for those who don't know).

I know this is an old thread and the OP probably won't read this, but I still stand by my previous post in this thread as now it's my son that's attending this school and he's doing really well.