Bar 23 sheffield

sarebear1982

• 3 years later...

We went to Bar 23 for Sunday lunch. The place was a complete shambles. It took around 20 minutes for them to show us to a table and my boyfriend gave up trying to attract a waitress for drinks and went downstairs and bought drinks at the bar. We gave up on starters and just ordered a roast dinner. Even this took an hour to arrive. Several couples had simply got up and walked out. A party of 6 were complaing they had been there for an hour and a quarter and were still waiting for their table to be readied.

I got the impression a lot of folk were using vouchers. It might be that the food was good at voucher price, but it was nothing special at full menu prices and even in the bar draught bitter was £4/pint.

Having looked on trip advisor it seems this wasn't an isolated instance.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186364-d939736-Reviews-23_Bar_and_Restaurant-Sheffield_South_Yorkshire_England.html

It is a real shame because the place had a very good reputation at one time. It seems that sloppy service is the order of the day and the place has lost its way.

Edited by Riannon

Its a shame that, i also purchased the voucher and was told when i tried to book that they were full for the next few weeks. I know its only £9 but i would have liked to have at least been offered a table at some point in the future.

We've been there using different vouchers and offers a few times. Never had a problem and always had good food.

Quite surprised it's booked up. It's always been half empty when we've been, and we didn't get the last lot of vouchers because they weren't as much of a bargain as previous offers.

Guest makapaka

This place was great a few years ago, for drinking and eating, went the other week and its not the same, place seems to have lost a bit of drive.