St. John Fisher School in the 1960's

Hi Did anyone go to St John Fishers secondary school from 1971 to 1976 if so we are trying to organise a reunion

Hi Elaine, I went to St John Fishers at Woodhouse but unfortunately I was there from 1966 to 1970,

My niece went there and started around 1972-73, I think she was only there one or two years, then went to notra dam.

Her name was Jacqueline Oxley, then her sisters was Gail and Dawn, I'll let them know.

:banana::banana::banana:

My name is John Pickford, my cousin Gerald Pickford was in the year below me,

Edited by Johnny P

• 5 months later...

Hello to everyone returned to St john fishers last week for the first time in fifty years,my grandsons football team trains in the gym. The place just looks the same inside as when i left. I got talking to one of the fire staff who told me of this forum. i also had a look around, the chapel is still in the hall but it is used for storage now, talk about going back in time.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
On 10/04/2018 at 21:55, ahodge said:

Does anyone here remember John Kennedy. I think he left St John Fisher in 1968 or 1969 - went to the Technical College. Alan

Hello Alan

Mike BRADSHAW here - someone mentioned you were a lawyer in the US?

I do remember John and also Neil Hollingsworth. In fact I regularly correspond with Neil via email. He lives in Vancouver and in 2009 my wife and I spent a day with him and his wife before embarking on an Alaskan cruise. He retired a few years ago and is enjoying life.

John passed an exam to go to the City Technical college didn’t he? I also passed that exam, but rather foolishly decided to stay at St John Fisher because I thought that I would have a better chance of making the Sheffield Boys U15 football team. It so happened that I became captain of the team and then went on to join Sheffield United. It would have been the same outcome had I moved to Central Tech - never mind!

If you read this post and want the email address for Neil, then I am sure that he would like to hear from you.

Best Wishes

Mike

• 2 months later...
On 02/11/2010 at 23:01, jimmi68 said:

Hi there, I was at St John Fisher, Woodhouse from the opening till 1968.. anyone there from that time??..

Cheers

Jim Doherty

Hi Jim

i remember you, I also started on the first day and left in 1967, You was a year behindJim Davidson was our form teacher in the first year having come to SJF from St Joes Handsworth

other teachers were mt farrel (maths] Walsh  (science, Pearson ( woodwork, Lunt (Art

sister Bernard (french, Danson(sport, head was Campbell and deputy head was a short bloke called O’Hara

On 18/01/2019 at 19:42, MikeBradshaw said:

Hello Alan

Mike BRADSHAW here - someone mentioned you were a lawyer in the US?

I do remember John and also Neil Hollingsworth. In fact I regularly correspond with Neil via email. He lives in Vancouver and in 2009 my wife and I spent a day with him and his wife before embarking on an Alaskan cruise. He retired a few years ago and is enjoying life.

John passed an exam to go to the City Technical college didn’t he? I also passed that exam, but rather foolishly decided to stay at St John Fisher because I thought that I would have a better chance of making the Sheffield Boys U15 football team. It so happened that I became captain of the team and then went on to join Sheffield United. It would have been the same outcome had I moved to Central Tech - never mind!

If you read this post and want the email address for Neil, then I am sure that he would like to hear from you.

Best Wishes

Mike

Hi Mike 

l think John Kennedy was the caretakers son

best wishes

john

• 4 months later...