St. John Fisher School in the 1960's

Hi there, yes I remeber Gillian Allsopp.. Wow !!.. that's 42 years ago since I last saw her..

Marie Else and Neil Hollingsworth I also remeber them ...

Isnt this forum just great it brings you back to those people who were your old school pals all those years ago.. I am in touch with at least a half dozen old matessince I came on here over 6 months ago..

So tell me what's happening in your life..kids.. work ..

I'm now in New Zealand.. been here 32 years.. I just love it.. Today is the middle of winter and we were just out having breafast outside at a local cafe in the sun.. 20 degress .. mind you that's a bit rare at this time of the year..

Ive been married and divorced twice.. one in the uk and a girl from NZ to .. two great kids .. 19 year old girl and a 15 year old boy.. I started very late with kids..

Jusy starting up a new travel business here in NZ & Aussie which is an American company that is also in the UK..

My back ground is in travel..I own a travel busines here for 20 years till 6 years ago..

Well that's my little bit of Gossip .. hope to hear from you again soon..Cheers Jim

Hi everyone,

Havent heard anything from you all for 6 months or so..

I have just got in touch through LinkedIn from another ex St John Fisher pupil .. Chris Bolsover.. he was head boy in 1966.. he now lives in South Africa..Anyone remembers him??..

So whats happened in the last 6 months..??

Oh Yeah.. The All Blacks wonthe RWC..yeeha..say no more..

A huge year coming up in the UK.. The Olympics.. I think that's once place I wouldn't want to be at that time of the year.. It will be mayhem ..

Love to hear from you all..

Cheers

Jim Doherty

Hi Jim I rmember Chris Bolsover we were friends and we were in the same class. The last i know of Chris he was a Police man at eckington. May be you remember me in the 5th year. Ciao for now ;)

Hi Arturo, nice to hear from you.. You and Chris are two years older than me but I remember your class very well as I played for the top football side in the school when I was 13/14 so knew a bunch of you from that class..

I only got hold of Chris again last year on LinkedIn and now we are doing business together isnt that just amazing.. Havent seen or heard from him for 45 years and now doing business with him..The world is certainly getting smaller..I'm hoping to see him face to face in a few months time as he said he might be coming to New Zealand for a visit.

So hows life been for you these past 40 plus years..??

I came to NZ 34 years ago to play football for one season and never left..I just LOVE IT here its such a beautiful place and I'm happily married with two kids..

Great to be in touch..

Keep well

Jim

Hi Jim petty i don't remember you but 45years have passed so I'm glad you made the best of your life and that your in touch with Chris, I've sent him a message on facebook I don't think he uses it much, if you chat with him could you ask him to look thank you. In 1968 I went back to Italy, I saw that life in UK wasn't getting very good. It's a long story so a bit at a time I'll tell it you. I'm retired I have a daughter thats 35 years old that lives in Rome. If you want to see where I live Google map and write Trentino. ok chat soon all the best.

Arturo

Hi Jim petty i don't remember you but 45years have passed so I'm glad you made the best of your life and that your in touch with Chris, I've sent him a message on facebook I don't think he uses it much, if you chat with him could you ask him to look thank you. In 1968 I went back to Italy, I saw that life in UK wasn't getting very good. It's a long story so a bit at a time I'll tell it you. I'm retired I have a daughter thats 35 years old that lives in Rome. If you want to see where I live Google map and write Trentino. ok chat soon all the best.

Arturo

Hello Arturo,

If Trentino is the same place as Trento in northern Italy then I'll be passing your place next week on 16th. I'll be driving a seven and a half ton lorry down the A22 with my brother in law to Bassano del Grappa where he's lived for the last five years. It's a lovely part of the world which we've visited a few times in the period he's been there and he's sad to be leaving, but family circumstances sometimes dictate our destiny. Once loaded with furniture we'll head North again and back to Blighty. I'm quite looking forward to our 'road trip'.

Incidentally my wife Patricia attended St John Fisher school and left in 1968.

Echo

Hi Echo,

If your wife Patrica left St John Fishers in 1968 that's the year I left to.. so what was her surname then??.. I left as a 15 year old in 1968.. From memory there was a Patrica in my year but cant think of her surname.. Ask her if she remembers James Doherty..wouldnt that be a hoot if we were in the same class..

Enjoy your road trip, you'll have a ball ..Im sure Arturo will buy you a beer if you stop in Trentino.. cheers Jim

Hello Echo yes Trentino is like saying the aira Trento is the capital. The A22 is the motoway that comes down from Brener. Bassano del Grappa is in Veneto, are you sure that lorries can go on the 16th in Italy as it's a holliday. Maybe your wife might remember me i was in the 5th year and left in 1967. If you look on google map I'm on the other side of Trento near Madonna di Campiglio. I hope you have a great time here.

Arturo

Hi Arturo,

I emailed Chris and told Id been in touch with you through this forum and he sent the below message to me.. I'll let him know that you have sent him a message on Facebook good luck with connecting with him.. Lets keep in touch as I'll be in Italy in the next 18 months.. We are trying to plan a trip around Europe next year or early 2014..My wife has never been to Europe so it will a great experience for her..my email address if yuo want it is jim@jimdoherty.co.nz ..

Great talking with you

Cheers

Jim

Hi Jim,

Ha! Arturo….taught me to play a tune on the guitar (a Beatle one)…also he changed schools to St John Fisher and I decided to join him. Love to talk to him.

Hello Echo yes Trentino is like saying the aira Trento is the capital. The A22 is the motoway that comes down from Brener. Bassano del Grappa is in Veneto, are you sure that lorries can go on the 16th in Italy as it's a holliday. Maybe your wife might remember me i was in the 5th year and left in 1967. If you look on google map I'm on the other side of Trento near Madonna di Campiglio. I hope you have a great time here.

Arturo

Thank you for the info Arturo. I'll check with my B-in-law that we'll be OK on 16th.

Funnily enough, four years ago on a return journey from Bassano, we almost passed your front door, motoring on the SS42. Patricia had never been to Switzerland so I decided to travel that way on the trip back. The journey took 12 hours and it was a totally exhilarating driving experience. We had a break at Edolo, not a million miles from you, on our way to Interlaken via Chur, Wassen and the Susten Pass.

Small world, eh!

Echo

Hi Arturo,

I emailed Chris and told Id been in touch with you through this forum and he sent the below message to me.. I'll let him know that you have sent him a message on Facebook good luck with connecting with him.. Lets keep in touch as I'll be in Italy in the next 18 months.. We are trying to plan a trip around Europe next year or early 2014..My wife has never been to Europe so it will a great experience for her..my email address if yuo want it is jim@jimdoherty.co.nz ..

Great talking with you

Cheers

Jim

Hi Jim,

Ha! Arturo….taught me to play a tune on the guitar (a Beatle one)…also he changed schools to St John Fisher and I decided to join him. Love to talk to him.

Thank you Jim for telling Chris of me he must have added me in facebook as now I can see his photos and email address. So with this forum another lost friend found. Well if yopur coming to italy who knows we might see each other you never know. ok keep in touch take care.

Arturo

Thank you for the info Arturo. I'll check with my B-in-law that we'll be OK on 16th.

Funnily enough, four years ago on a return journey from Bassano, we almost passed your front door, motoring on the SS42. Patricia had never been to Switzerland so I decided to travel that way on the trip back. The journey took 12 hours and it was a totally exhilarating driving experience. We had a break at Edolo, not a million miles from you, on our way to Interlaken via Chur, Wassen and the Susten Pass.

Small world, eh!

Echo

Hi Echo after you let Bassano where did you go to Trento then Verona I'm taking about 5 years ago when you showed Patricia Swisserland. If you tell me where you passed to get to Edolo i can tell you if you passed near me. All the best for now.

Aruro