St. John Fisher School in the 1960's

Hi Cath,

I just turned 58 yesterday so yes you must have left school in 69.. my brother Keith just turned 57 3 days ago..

My sister Andrea is 4 years younger than me and she followed us to SJF .. She now lives in NZ..

Cath Regan that name does ring a bell and your sister Maureen how old is she without getting a slap?..

I left England in 78 to go to NZ so we got out of the UK about simular times ..

I live in Auckland on the North Shore where does your boy live.. fancy having this connection.. We went to the same school and your boy lives in Auckland, isnt the world small....hey if you want to email me my email address is [email protected]

Nope can`t remeber Keith but the memory can be selective, obviously I didn`t fancy him,,haha.I remeber Michael Bradford ? also played for Sheffield boys I think he was a in a year above me ?

Nearly correct - my name is Michael Bradshaw! Also played for Sheffield United before moving to Chesterfield - just like Jimmy Doherty. I was in his brother's year -Keith. Now live in Worcestershire with my wife. Have two sons who have both now retired from playing rugby??? odd game!

Cricky I havent heard that name for 40 years.. How are you Michael..great to be in touch with you.. Can you believe it I'm still kicking that round thing about.. Just playing summer 7 a side at the moment then in 3 months the winter season starts again..just loving it ..keep in touch love to hear how's it all going with you..

Oh I remeber you ! didn`t you live in Stradbroke, I was Cath Regan then and my best mate Angela Riley lived near you ?? Have been in South Africa since 1975 so am a big Rugby fan.And we won the world cup 2007 !

Oh I remeber you ! didn`t you live in Stradbroke, I was Cath Regan then and my best mate Angela Riley lived near you ?? Have been in South Africa since 1975 so am a big Rugby fan.And we won the world cup 2007 ! This message is obviously for Michael Bradshaw,,was it Paul Radcliffe I remember? can someone help me out please!

Cath have you become a South African rugby supporter ??.. Well it looks like we'll be battling on the rugby fields this year when you come down to take on the mighty All Blacks in the world Cup..

Paul Radcliffe and Angela Riley names ring a bell but I just cant quite place them !!! ..I lived at Manor Park in those days so not to far away from Stradbrook..

Jim Doherty

From a sunny New Zealand

Yeah Jim , Rugby is the game here in Sa , it`s gonna be good fun watching the rugby, do you remember world cup 2007 ??? who won ?? haha !

Yes SA won that one Cath..I'm not sure what happens to the All Blacks in World Cup ..They play really well for 3 years then flop then go another 3 years as the best taem then flop again..BUT not this year..

I think the only other team that will do well is England..They are improving and Australia are declining.. NZ is already buzzing in WC year..the counrty will put on a great show..

What dates did you go to St John Fisher seconadary school Dumstick?.. I left in 1968 age 15.. I started on the day first day it opened, it was like a new pin.. yes I remeber Mr Hodges I think, cant recall Mr Melia.. I remember the nuns and the sports teacher Mr.????... bugger, cant remeber his name.. I remember the woodwork teacher as I loved that class, small grey hair guy cant remeber his name either ..Yes those were the days alright..

Hi again Jim

Mr Pearson was the woodwork teacher. Do you remember the following teachers? Mr Mallin (English) died about 15 years ago at quite a young age;

Mr Hewitt (PE); Mr Lyons (Geography); Mr Farrell (Maths & PE).

Regarding your footballing exploits at your age, I can only salute you! I stopped playing at 24 after a bad break. Still quite fit for my age and use my gym at home every day. I started my own business in 1991 in the disaster restoration field. So when we have major flooding in the UK it is usually my company that it heavily involved as we work for most of the large insurance companies. Keeps me busy and fully stressed! My eldest son Alex is MD and I hope to retire in the near future. My yougest son Tim lives in London and is an analyst in the Investment Banker world. He is married and we have an 18 month old grandson who we adore enormously. My wife is called Sue and we have been married for 35 years. We live on an 8 acre plot near a small hamlet called Weatheroak (South West of Birmingham 15 miles) I hasten to add that we have an apartment (the 8 acres are shared by 17 other residents!) Still, it is very nice as we share the grounds with wildlife including deer. Well, I hope that hasn't bored you silly. Let me know how things are with you.

Hi Mike,

Great to hear from you and to see how life is treating you.. dont be silly you didnt bore me silly, it was great to hear how life is treating you ..sounds like alls going well..

Yes its great still to be playing football..Ive been very luck Ive never had and injuries that have kept me from playing other than knocks and cuts, 8 broken noses thought. got 6 from playing and two in surgery trying to repair the breaks..ouch!!

I just love playing and still get nerves the morning of the game.. how silly is that!!..Ive played up front untill about 10 years ago then went to sweeper and the last two years being playing central midfield.. yeah can you believe that.. My wife Jayne and I go to the gym every morning at 6am so keep very fit..

I had a travel business for 20 years here in NZ untill 6 years ago and sold it to a UK company Keith Prowse and have been working in the health industry since..

I now have been head hunted to open a brand new travel concept & model '

opps!! push the wrong button..where was I ??

Oh yeah ..I have been head hunted to open a brand new travel concept & business model here in NZ & Aussie by a US comapany.. Hope to get it all up and running mid year.. Its amazing.. best travel deals you'll ever see..$69 cruises to vacations at a third of the costs ..will tell you more if interested ..

Hey thanks for the teachers names ..all the great memories flooded back

My email address if you want to keep in touch is [email protected] ..

Keep warm over there in the UK

From a very hot and sunny NZ

Jim

I think my wife Gillian Allsopp was in your class cos she used to talk of Mick Bradshaw and James Doherty.

we met through my cousin Marie Else who was also her classmate along with Neil Hollingsworth. Neil moved to Canada in about 1980 but comes home about every 5 years or so.

Marie has a stall in Crystal Peaks market.

Gillian's younger brother Peter also went to SJF and I think his school pal was Patrick Malloolly (not sure of the spelling).

She complains to this day about the school bus journey from Beighton that went all round Hackenthorpe and Gleadless