New Thai restaurant on London Road?

jemson

I would agree with Verona. It is a little more expensive than expected considering that all food is supplied by their own supermarket but having said that the quality was pretty good but far from perfect. I have had better. Nevertheless, i would go again but not in a hurry after all i can eat better for cheaper elsewhere (ie. at home).

Nonetheless, i cannot fault it appart from to say that all the dishes where all served on cold plates which in turn made the food go cold rather quickly and the male waiter should be taught how to smile to the customers esspecially when he is from the land of smiles but then again he has probably lived in England for too long now and forgot how.

Ps. Pyrospriggs quit the attitude and get a life

We ate here on Friday night and we were both pretty impressed - the menu was interesting and fairly different to the menus at Baan Thai & Siam Inter, which was nice. I'm vegetarian so my choice is obviously more limited when I eat out, and even though I really like both of the other Thai restaurants, I've been to them both often enough that I've tried all of the veggie dishes I like the sound of so it was good to see some things I'd never had before and to have similar things done in a different way.

The service was excellent and the food was really really tasty. We had the vegetarian mixed starter which had various things like sweetcorn cakes, mushrooms & veg on skewers and battered veg, plus dipping sauces - all really good. For the mains, I had red curry with vegetables, which was much milder than the way they do it at Baan Thai but still very tasty, and my boyfriend had sirloin steak cooked with onion and spices, which he said was excellent. The dessert menu wasn't very extensive and everything on it revolved around banana/coconut custard/icecream which didn't appeal to me at the time because I was too full, but would no doubt have been nice if I'd had space for it! They also do alcoholic & non-alcoholic cocktails (I can recommend the non-alcoholic orange, passion fruit & coconut milk one!).

The bill came to just over £40 for starters, mains, one pudding and several drinks, which I think is comparable to the other Thai restaurants in the area. If we'd just stuck to drinking jasmine tea like we usually do, it'd have been a good lot cheaper, but we had 2 or 3 drinks each so that bumped the price up.

If you're going on a weekend, it'd definitely be a good idea to book - we just turned up at about 7.15pm and were lucky enough to get the last table for 2, and there wasn't a spare table for the rest of the night, they were having to turn people away. We left at about 9.30pm and it still hadn't quietened down!

The dessert menu wasn't very extensive and everything on it revolved around banana/coconut custard/icecream which didn't appeal to me at the time

I think you'll find the same at most thai palces - there isnt the same tradition of desserts in thai food that there is in some cuisines - so most desserts tend to be made up for western palates...

I think you'll find the same at most thai palces - there isnt the same tradition of desserts in thai food that there is in some cuisines - so most desserts tend to be made up for western palates...

I know that, I was just explaining it for people who maybe haven't eaten much Thai food and wouldn't know what to expect from desserts. I love the coconut desserts but I was way too full (especially after having had a very coconutty curry for my main course). I'd have been happy with just some kind of fruit salad or something, but I wasn't too bothered after all the curry I'd had!

• 2 weeks later...

I visited this restaurant recently and can't say as I was that impressed by it... Have previously tried both Baan Thai and Siam Inter and have to say that I prefer both of them to this place- both of our meals were served luke warm (as were the starters also) and one of the dishes was overcooked and far to hot (spicy) whilst the other dish was undercooked!! Also found the staff to be less than attentive and not really that friendly! Really didn't feel it was worth the money paid and ended up wishing we had gone to Siam Inter instead!!

I visited this restaurant recently and can't say as I was that impressed by it... Have previously tried both Baan Thai and Siam Inter and have to say that I prefer both of them to this place- both of our meals were served luke warm (as were the starters also) and one of the dishes was overcooked and far to hot (spicy) whilst the other dish was undercooked!! Also found the staff to be less than attentive and not really that friendly! Really didn't feel it was worth the money paid and ended up wishing we had gone to Siam Inter instead!!

Sorry to hear you didnt have a good meal. I have just been again for valentines night and have to say the meal was delicious. Mixed thai starters and then red curry and sea bass with thai spices was all very nice. Service was very efficient despite being very busy and the staff were lovely. Will be going again definately.

Sorry to hear you didnt have a good meal. I have just been again for valentines night and have to say the meal was delicious. Mixed thai starters and then red curry and sea bass with thai spices was all very nice. Service was very efficient despite being very busy and the staff were lovely. Will be going again definately.

Sounds quite different to our experience Caz! Would say service distinctly unefficient when we went!- Waited for about an hour for starters and the table next to us who had arrived half an hour after us got their starters first!!