New Thai restaurant on London Road?

jemson

Not been yet but I had a look at the menu and it is expensive. You would think with them owning a Thai supermarket and cutting out the middle man they might have been at bit more competative in their pricing for that area where you can get a far cheaper meal without dipping out on quality.

I know all Thai restaurants are expensive, but I can't see why now that the products and ingredients they use a far more easily available and so should now be on par with Chinese restaurants.

Not been yet but I had a look at the menu and it is expensive. You would think with them owning a Thai supermarket and cutting out the middle man they might have been at bit more competative in their pricing for that area where you can get a far cheaper meal without dipping out on quality.

I know all Thai restaurants are expensive, but I can't see why now that the products and ingredients they use a far more easily available and so should now be on par with Chinese restaurants.

when we went the takeaway menu wasnt ready so we ordered from main menu but there was a discount for takeaway. Not sure but i think 10%.

I don`t really think that`s that relevant. I`d say the value there is reasonable.

Yes, and I preferred it to Baan and Inter. Our meal there came to just over £30, it was good food and our dining experience there was very pleasing.

That doesn't sound too bad but what did you have? Eg... Starters, main courses, desserts, drinks. And would you say it was good value compared to the other Asian restaurants on London Road or only to the Thai restaurants on there?

That doesn't sound too bad but what did you have? Eg... Starters, main courses, desserts, drinks. And would you say it was good value compared to the other Asian restaurants on London Road or only to the Thai restaurants on there?

I put a mini review of it on another thread I started on here. The chinese food is cheaper as are kebabs and burgers on London Road. I would say Punna is good value. :thumbsup: We`ll go again.

i shouldn't go if you can't afford to eat there you won't enjoy it.you should try wokmania if you want cheap low quality food.Thai food is extremley expensive to import.lol lol lol lol

Whenever I've cooked Thai food it requires far more ingredients and effort than Chinese. these ingredients have to be imported which makes it expencive, but well worth it.

I've not yet eaten at Punna but i've looked at the menu and it looked cheaper than Bahn Thai, and there were new, different dishes to try, I'm really looking forwards to eating there.