Snow in Summer does anyone remember???

I remember the occasion and the Wisden picture shows it.

"Snow prevents play at Buxton".

"A freak snow storm covered the ground."

Will these words convince you?

"Snow in Buxton in June 1975

Snow in June is incredibly rare, but widespread sleet and snow showers did manage to affect the United Kingdom on 2nd June 1975, rudely and infamously affecting a cricket match between Derbyshire and Lancashire at Buxton where early afternoon snow covered the pitch with around an inch of snow." http://www.thestar.co.uk/news?articleid=2957823

I certainly remember the summer where we had a year's-worth of weather in about a week, including snow! it was the mid seventies.

I also remember going to work in considerable amounts of snow, on 17th April 1981.

PT, were you at HS in the winter of 1978/9? That winter was particularly bad and made worse by the gritters' strike. I couldn't get my car near my house for over three weeks. Problems at High Storrs School were exacerbated because as well as the decrepit heating system, they ran out of fuel because the tankers couldn't get anywhere near the school as the roads were dangerous. Staff had to phone the heads of house at 8.30am and announce they were available for work, whereupon, like pupils, they remained at home!

PT, were you at HS in the winter of 1978/9? That winter was particularly bad and made worse by the gritters' strike. I couldn't get my car near my house for over three weeks. Problems at High Storrs School were exacerbated because as well as the decrepit heating system, they ran out of fuel because the tankers couldn't get anywhere near the school as the roads were dangerous. Staff had to phone the heads of house at 8.30am and announce they were available for work, whereupon, like pupils, they remained at home!

That wasn't the year the pupils organised a strike about the heating was it?

(but, yes, I was there that year, left 1980)

That wasn't the year the pupils organised a strike about the heating was it?

(but, yes, I was there that year, left 1980)

We had that at our school and I do remember the snow in june in 75 i think but it alot of years but I know it did as I bet my uncle £5 it would snow befor October so by default i won lol