Royal Mail Sorting Office in S8 just off Woodseats Road

Cheers, that worked a treat... don't know why I couldn't find it.:huh:

It's knowing that they're called delivery offices rather than sorting offices which helps. I worked as a driver there for a few years so had insider knowledge, so to speak.

Ooh, can I crash your thread with a related question?

I had a 'Sorry You Were Out' card posted the other day with no parcel number and no details of where why parcel might be. I tried ringing the number on the card but it's all automated and I can't speak to to someone who might know.

The parcel graveyard in town is only open until 12.30 and are always hugely busy at this time of year so who can I ask about where my parcel might be!

Ooh, can I crash your thread with a related question?

I had a 'Sorry You Were Out' card posted the other day with no parcel number and no details of where why parcel might be. I tried ringing the number on the card but it's all automated and I can't speak to to someone who might know.

The parcel graveyard in town is only open until 12.30 and are always hugely busy at this time of year so who can I ask about where my parcel might be!

The details of where the parcel is should be printed on the back of the card. Parcels in S2 go to Pond Street. I'm a Postie in S2 btw and have never seen a 739 card (while you were out) without the Pond Street address printed on it.

No parcels are taken to Post offices for you to collect unless you ask for them to be and pay 50p for the 'local collect' service (although it's free at the moment due to Xmas).

No parcels are taken to Post offices for you to collect unless you ask for them to be and pay 50p for the 'local collect' service (although it's free at the moment due to Xmas).

not sure about that - one of mine was over the summer - i didn't ask for it to be and wasn't asked to pay any extra - it was shortly after i moved into new house so i just assumed that that was what happened in my new area rather than them going back to the woodseats office.