A Sheffield artist named Peter Owen Jones

I vaguely remember him.Well we know that we were there together.:hihi:

Yes, a LONG time ago now!!!!!! :hihi: :hihi:

POJ and my dad knew each other as well..... My grandad also painted, under the pseudonym "Goldiak"..... I'm always hoping to come across some more of his paintings!!!!!

I just came across the very interesting thread ..... 'P.O.Jones'.... He was our art teacher during the time I was at 'Newfield school'.. I was 13 so he would have been 27. I have seen his work around the City.. and due to the forum... I have picked up on the P.O.J...website. which I found so interesting. He was a nice guy... as much as a friend, as a teacher.

Email his daughter,she could know where it is.

The same lady who told me it was somewhere on the Norfolk/Suffolk border.

The same lady who told me it was somewhere on the Norfolk/Suffolk border.

I see.If she can't help u then it could be a problem...

I remember Peter,we were in the same year, at Carfield School, He was so dedicated to his art, always sketching, usually trains or parts of rolling stock. I do not think I knew anyone, more inclined to carry on a lifes work, from a very early age. I am sitting,in my sitting room with one of his very fine signed prints,on the wall facing me.

I still need Coles Corner & In Town Yesterday if anyone knows where they might be available.

Thanks to Sheffsaying I now have both these pictures...and the set.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have a framed "In Town Yesterday" which i may sell

Watching 'Coronation Street' recently I was suprised to see the set designers of the programme had chosen 'Terminus' to decorate the walls of the 'Rovers'. Well one wall at least, just to the left hand side of the pub door. I only got a split second glimpse. This is on a programme that occasionaly has had a little dig at Sheffield and South Yorkshire.

It's my birthday today and my wonderful children have made one of my dearest wishes come true . They surprised me with 'Terminus' by Peter Owen Jones. I fell in love with this some years ago when I first saw it . It's so evocative and atmospheric ,though I am just slightly too young to remember the trams . It also reminds me so much of my late Dad who worked in that area and who never failed to tell us every time we drove under this bridge why it always flooded. Oh I wish I could show it him today . I ve been in floods all day .myself . I have the best kids x

It's my birthday today and my wonderful children have made one of my dearest wishes come true . They surprised me with 'Terminus' by Peter Owen Jones. I fell in love with this some years ago when I first saw it . It's so evocative and atmospheric ,though I am just slightly too young to remember the trams . It also reminds me so much of my late Dad who worked in that area and who never failed to tell us every time we drove under this bridge why it always flooded. Oh I wish I could show it him today . I ve been in floods all day .myself . I have the best kids x

....you could still have a ride on a real Sheffield tram as exactly in your picture , (no.189) at the Tramway Museum , Crich ;)!!

http://www.tramway.co.uk/images/tramfleet/34.jpg

More details of a great day out here....

http://www.tramway.co.uk/

Edited by bracken

I Have 2 signed and framed prints by PO Jones for sale, one is of the old wilson peck buiding, beethoven house and the other shows fargate with cole brothers and the town hall on it.

I would really like to know what the pieces are called too.