A Sheffield artist named Peter Owen Jones

Redfyre

Can anyone tell me anything about an artist called Peter Owen Jones, and whether there are any postcard type reproductions of his Sheffield scenes?
....a brilliant local artist sadly missed - postcard size pics are available at the "Sheffield Scene" shop beside the Town Hall :thumbsup:

He taught me.I've got 10 of his Sheffield paintings and as far as I know,there is only 1 I haven't got-which I have tried to obtain thru the Forum but to no avail.

....i cant afford them all !!!!! but the one i treasure is the first one he made commercially available , although limited - Sheaf Street . I paid £12 for the large print ,back in 82/3 ,from the Bus information kiosk in The Hole in the Road. ....Like most people , is this the one you cannot find ?

....i cant afford them all !!!!! but the one i treasure is the first one he made commercially available , although limited - Sheaf Street . I paid £12 for the large print ,back in 82/3 ,from the Bus information kiosk in The Hole in the Road. ....Like most people , is this the one you cannot find ?

No,its called Wet Night and its of Ecclesall Rd near the junction of Greystones Rd.

....a brilliant local artist sadly missed - postcard size pics are available at the "Sheffield Scene" shop beside the Town Hall :thumbsup:

Thanks, Sandyb, but sadly Sheffield Scene does NOt have any postcards. We called in today, and, while they had a couple of framed pictures, they didn't seem to know of any postcard-size pictures. Pity. Perhaps there has never been any cards? Maybe someone in the family will take up the idea --I am sure they would be very popular.