Cheapest Christmas Tree in Sheffield?

The £10 trees at B&Q do smell nice but they drop drop drop! First year we had a real tree we got one of those and never again.

Paid about £25 last year for a no drop one from B&Q and it was great, didn't smell but lasted all the way through.

Hi Purrball, yeah Nordmann Firs are the no drop ones I was referring to. Other half is getting ours today. Wonder if they'll be cheaper than last year, with all this credit squash business. I think the £45 price mentioned earlier in this thread is a little steep. £20-£30 is a better deal in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong - as I expressed in my original post, I thought we did pay top end price for our tree. Having said that, we've had the same artificial one for the last 8 or 9 years, so it doesn't owe us anything, and as this is our first Christmas Day we're spending at home since having children (now 6 and 4), it seems well worth it to us. The smell of a real fir tree is still a wonderful greeting in the morning at breakfast.

And as for our new tree - well, it still looks beautiful after 10 days, it has hardly dropped any needles, (I am keeping it well watered though). I can only guess that the extra cost comes from all that additional fertiliser needed to grow that tree one foot more than the cheap ones they sell at B&Q !! (I did say our's was 7ft not 6 !!);)

Having said that, I would be happy to pay a fraction of the price next year if all the other posters can tell me their £10 tree is still going strong on the 25th December. I sincerely hope they are.

And finally, regradless of trees, a merry Christmas and a happy new year to one and all.