"The old man walk" How old do you have to be?

I like to walk around with my hands in my pockets. It's my old guy way of saying I've done my bit, made my pile. finished my toil and now I dont give a damn about what I should do or not do.

I've always made a point of keeping my back straight up however.

Walking with hands behind the back doesn't feel natural somehow and doing that for years on end might contribute to a stoop in old age.

Out of interest what is the old man walk? is that the walk where men look as though they are having a poo and walking at the same time?

That's the extreme advanced version!! :D

I'm in my early 40s, and I think I need to be apprenticed, as I feel leanings towards the walk as the years trot, and increasingly gallup by...I'll still try to avoid the beige coat though...;)

That's the extreme advanced version!! :D

I'm in my early 40s, and I think I need to be apprenticed, as I feel leanings towards the walk as the years trot, and increasingly gallup by...I'll still try to avoid the beige coat though...;)

And the flat cap???? :hihi:

And the flat cap???? :hihi:

I read "cat flap" :huh:

Do you think I should change the way I walk? :hihi:

My two year old boy does the walking with hands clasped behind back thing but I think it's from copying my dad

I think it's the uncertainty of the step that gives it away. Older folk generally much more aware of their next step because of past or ongoing medical conditions, back, hip etc.. (like stopping at the pavement then tentatively moving forward then ends up in an unsure short worrying run :D)

Dik van Dyke as the banker is a good example in the film "Mary Poppins?":D

I've always made a point of keeping my back straight up however.

I'd feel uncomfortable walking with hands clasped behind back. I'm afraid mine are always in my pockets unless I clutching on to my wife on the walk home from the pub quiz on a Monday night.

I read "cat flap" :huh:

Do you think I should change the way I walk? :hihi:

My two year old boy does the walking with hands clasped behind back thing but I think it's from copying my dad

I read it as 'flat cat' :o:P

StarSparkle

Flat cat!! :o

That would make you supreme champion if there was a competition. :D