The "It's snowing!" and all things snow thread

Right here`s the situation.

I am at work and about 1030 tonight i have to get to Frecheville.

My route would normally be Eastbank Road to Manor top and then Mansfield Road and Birley Moor Road. Has anyone travelled along there recently.

The traffic cameras are a whiteout more or less so can`t really tell what the situation is.

Thanks.

Edited by furryslipper

Have you got a link please? Especially if it's regularly updated as I haven't seen that info anywhere.

It could be really useful.

http://www.forum.sy-transport.co.uk

Midland Road (Rotherham) are still operational tonight and only have a few problems which are services 7/43 avoiding West Hill and Blackburn/Meadowhall and service 21/66 in Sheffield. All other services remain operational within Rotherham tonight along with Doncaster.

The only bus services operating in Sheffield this evening should be the following,

17,21 (From Killamarsh to Rotherham only),23,26,66,69 and X78. There is also the 32 operating which is also a Midland Road route though think this is taking a different route to avoid East Bank Road and the Arbourthorne area in general. There is also the 14 from Meadowhall to Herringthorpe operating.

Basically is you live in Tinsley, Attercliffe, Handsworth, Woodhouse Mill, Intake, Hillsborough, Parson Cross and High Green area of the city then you have a service which is mainly running to a normal schedule.

Just made a small mistake with the above, the 30 is only operated by Rotherham Monday-Saturday daytimes when it interworks with the 27 at Crystal Peaks.

HTH :).

a colleague of mine has just informed me that his parents are travelling from dronfield to rotherham. they have been on the road 3 hrs now and are only at gleadless townend

OMG! That's ridiculous!

My daughter has walked down chesterfield road, she was stopped by a lady that left town 4 hours ago on her way to chesterfield. This was somewhere between homebase and valley road. Its backed up all the way from meadowhead:(

This has probably been said already, but I couldn't see mention of it.

When I went out a little while ago, it was backed up down Greenhill Ave/Bocking Lane, across the Abbey Lane roundabout, and down Abbey Lane to Beauchief Hotel, and down Hutcliffe Wood Rd. Very, very slow moving.

Just woke up and it looks like it's been snowing out there!

Are the buses still running?

lucky you sleeping thro it all

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/southyorkshire/traffic_latest_feature.shtml

Woodseats Road Sheffield both ways between A621, Abbeydale Road, Sheffield and A61, Chesterfield Road, South Yorkshire

closed

South Yorkshire - Woodseats Road closed both ways between the A621 Abbeydale Road junction and the A61 Chesterfield Road junction in Sheffield, because of two broken down vehicles.

Last updated: 2nd February 2009 at 20:51

Source: http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/News/Reported+Service+Alterations.htm

Bus & Tram Services:

** Traveline is now closed - We are scheduled to open from 0700 on Tuesday **

However, unless stated below services are running their normal routes.

First Sheffield and Stagecoach in Sheffield have temporarily suspended services, all buses returning to depot. Following the roads being gritted then some services will be sent out to operate on main roads only. More details when available

Stagecoach Supertram - Operating full network - some delays - Slow moving from City Road to/from Halfway.

Stagecoach in Rawmarsh - services are being suspended for the remainder of the evening.

Stagecoach in Barnsley - services are being suspended for the remainder of the evening.

Shafton depot have informed us they are only serving the main road and are not serving White City at Grimethorpe.

Powells Service 18 - suspended due to drifting snow

First Rotherham and Doncaster - Running normal routes where possible (i.e. gritted roads) - no cancellations at present

Service 21 Struggling on some side roads in the Killamarsh

Service X78 not serving Conisbrough Village (using Sheffield road/Doncaster Road)

Schools update - please listen to local radio or contact your school.

Please listen to Local radio for details of services affected by snow. All main roads currently open, some untreated side roads may cause some delays.

For information on road closures please listen to your local radio station or visit BBC Travel News.

Rail Services

Local Services - No reported problems.

Inter-City Services - Delays between 30-60 mintues

Please visit http://www.nationalrail.co.uk for further details.

Posted 02/02/09 @ 2115

This has probably been said already, but I couldn't see mention of it.

When I went out a little while ago, it was backed up down Greenhill Ave/Bocking Lane, across the Abbey Lane roundabout, and down Abbey Lane to Beauchief Hotel, and down Hutcliffe Wood Rd. Very, very slow moving.

Thanks for that, Skanky, it's not been mentioned so far. Everyone's probably coming up Hutcliffe Wood as Woodseats Road's been closed.

http://www.forum.sy-transport.co.uk

Midland Road (Rotherham) are still operational tonight and only have a few problems which are services 7/43 avoiding West Hill and Blackburn/Meadowhall and service 21/66 in Sheffield. All other services remain operational within Rotherham tonight along with Doncaster.

The only bus services operating in Sheffield this evening should be the following,

17,21 (From Killamarsh to Rotherham only),23,26,66,69 and X78. There is also the 32 operating which is also a Midland Road route though think this is taking a different route to avoid East Bank Road and the Arbourthorne area in general. There is also the 14 from Meadowhall to Herringthorpe operating.

Basically is you live in Tinsley, Attercliffe, Handsworth, Woodhouse Mill, Intake, Hillsborough, Parson Cross and High Green area of the city then you have a service which is mainly running to a normal schedule.

Just made a small mistake with the above, the 30 is only operated by Rotherham Monday-Saturday daytimes when it interworks with the 27 at Crystal Peaks.

HTH :).

Cheers. I was thinking of putting it up as a sticky, but maybe it's a bit late in the day now, and that the gritters *should* have been able to get around by the morning.

Just spoke to a lady from traveline who informed me there would be no more buses out tonight. Supertram still running but are delayed.